Please critique..

lvnmt

I like the art, the colors, the mandala design. Your company name is lost in there. Maybe you can put it alongside or something?

Oh sorry, I initially thought it was going to be a logo. Yeah, I'd ditto prairieannie. As a label it lacks space for content. There is still a lot attractive about it though.

I really like the art, but I think your text is fighting against it. I tinkered with it a little and I think it might work better if you remove the text from where it is now. Make a thick bright red border about the same color as the center of the flower. I hastily drew very thick lines to make a border around the outer edge of the label, so that your darker red jagged edge border still shows and contrasts against the bright red. Then I placed the text--making it reverse in white, all on one line at the bottom of the newly created border. I used upper and lower case letters. (Using all caps is supposed to be harder to read that upper & lower together.)

I couldn't tell what font you used, but I substituted Hobo and thought it looked similar to what you had. Creating the bright red border and using the white font against it really makes the name pop out at you and is much easier to read.

Thank you all for your help. I guess that I should have clarified more that this is going to be more of the logo, labels will be different. I will play with it more. The colors on my computer did not match what printed out at all. The leaves were supposed to be a dark green olive, not red and black!! I will send a new pic when I fix it. Thanks again for the input!!

Guest EMercier

I think the colors are beautiful, but it does (like everyone else said) take the spotlight from your name. The name is lost with the graphics. Have you thought of trying different colors and kind of watermark the design so that your name will stand out more.

I was going to try to get rid of all the background color, so just the flower and leaves are left. My computer colors look great, but are very different when printed out. So I am playing with it right now. Like I said, this is very initial, I just wanted to throw it out there to get some comments. THanks

• 1 month later...

Well, I actually really like your artwork, but...

The flower, being the brightest color, draws one's attention first, which is good, except that that's not where you want people to focus. The diagonal lines shown as first white stems and then empty space in the leaves serves to draw the focus off the flower, but not to your text. Then, you also have the white leaves which are drawing the focus back into the center, but nothing at all drawing the line of sight to your text, if that makes sense?

While I really like the artwork, I think it may be a bit too complex for a label unless you do something like Sockmonkey suggested and put a border between the text and the image