My first tart is melting!!!!

Donita

I was on the computer and just smelled cinnamon bun. I rigged up a tart melter using my fondue pot holder. Put a real "tart" pan on top, tea light under, and a cinnamon bun tart that I made today. It is melting and I am so excited....this seems so stupid.......that I haven't made tarts before. All of my friends use them. Now I am testing to see how long it lasts. Boy, you guys have all started somehting.....now I can hardly wait until tomorrow to see what I can find to pour wax into. I weiged my tarts and this first batch is 7/8 oz. Thanks for all of the infor posted on this board. Donita

I love the tarts. Seems I hardly ever burn, unless I'm testing. I have three of the hotplate types of warmers spread through my house. I have been mostly melting my tarts instead of selling them. There are only a few people right now that buy them. Our neck of the woods is a little slow in the times. :wink2:

I love the tarts too! I've got burners in several rooms of my house. Gotta have my environment smelling good at all times. Right now I'm burning Butterfly Garden...and it smells devine! I'm upstairs in the office right now but it's trailing up the stairway from the burner down in the living room. I'm still amazed myself that so many people don't know about these little gems...especially with Yankee Candle around who sells so many of them. I guess a lot of people don't buy their candles at YC, otherwise they would already know about them.

I agree, tarts are so wonderful if you need to scent your house in a big hurry, doesn't take long at all. I love burning candles, but I seem to only burn them when I'm testing, otherwise it's the tart burner that's going most of the time. Plus you gotta love not having to test wicks in them :yay:

Hi Donita,

What type of waxes are you using? I wasn't sure of which waxes i should start off with, basically i like tarts as well.

I was on the computer and just smelled cinnamon bun. I rigged up a tart melter using my fondue pot holder. Put a real "tart" pan on top, tea light under, and a cinnamon bun tart that I made today. It is melting and I am so excited....this seems so stupid.......that I haven't made tarts before. All of my friends use them. Now I am testing to see how long it lasts. Boy, you guys have all started somehting.....now I can hardly wait until tomorrow to see what I can find to pour wax into. I weiged my tarts and this first batch is 7/8 oz. Thanks for all of the infor posted on this board. Donita

I agree....I am in "Love"....I just blew out my tart and as I took my hand away, my ring caught the pan and wax spilled all over the floor (wood)...My daughter just came upstairs to get her kids stuff and stepped on it......what is this she asked? I told her. She said ..."Oh no...what will you do about it"....hee hee hee...she and I know all too well how to scrape up wax....but it still smells good in here. Donita...good nite...

I haven't made any tarts yet, but have a few tart molds and am expecting an order for clam shells so soon as I get them, gonna go on a melting frenzy to make some. Don't know how well they will sell around here, but if they don't I have a couple tart melters that I can keep my house smelling good with. Glad you are enjoying your new addiction. :cheesy2:

i love tarts and so easy to make, i still just use muffin pan with liners. i have 3 candle warmers in the house and love to use them, my son came home friday and he saw that i had a candle in his old room... he say's mom, i can't believe you are actually burning a candle LOL! it had been awhile other than testing a candle.

rxcmas...after reading info from many people....it seems that it is just a matter of preference. I guess I just got lucky. I used my preblend votive wax from Candlewic CBL something.....maybe 129? It melted easily with a flame about 3 inches below and didn't get to hot. Came right out of the molds too....so today I will do a different shape...and FO. Donita.......check in the archives!!!!!!!! Wonderful information.