How to measure for lotion/shower gel????

southernscents

I read on BC site the instructions for making lotion and it says to add 1/2 to 1 oz of FO per gallon. How in the world do I break down that gallon if I want to make more than once scent per gallon. I have never made any before and it will all need to be tested. I don't want to make a whole gallon of one scent and then not be happy with it. I am totally lost on how to configure that. I am going to order some of the 2oz tubes to give out to my already candle customers and family to test. I would like to have at least 4-5 different scents.

So if anyone knows how to make me understand this, I will gladly try and learn. :wink2: I am no good at math. Hubby usually helps, but I think this may be out of his league.

If I have not explanied this correctly someone can definately chime in and correct me.

This is what I read and then got verified by the good people here. I get quart size storage or freezer bag and measure out how many ounces I want to test. Then using a pipette I use the following for the ounces of lotion and it has worked out very nice for me.

40 drops of FO per 8oz

20 drops of FO per 4oz

10 drops of FO per 2oz

When ready to put in bottles I cut a little of one of the corners and squeeze into bottle. HTH

This is what I read and then got verified by the good people here. I get quart size storage or freezer bag and measure out how many ounces I want to test. Then using a pipette I use the following for the ounces of lotion and it has worked out very nice for me.

40 drops of FO per 8oz

20 drops of FO per 4oz

10 drops of FO per 2oz

When ready to put in bottles I cut a little of one of the corners and squeeze into bottle. HTH

I use this method also! Works great!

I thought I might also mention.

What I did to start with is weigh an empty bottle, then fill it up with my lotion or bath gel and get the exact weight that the bottle would hold in product.

Then as I was scooping it out into into my mini bags to add fragrance, I made sure to add in a few extra grams to account for the fact that not all of the product is going to come out of those darned bags! LOL If you get a gallon jub with a pump, this process is super easy... if not you have to scoop it out and it tends to be messy

*If you're not warming your base to mix in the Fo, Bath Gels tend to get lots of bubbles as you nead in the FO... It'll look like you measured out to much product into your bag, what you'll need to do is wait untill the bubbles settle then top off the bottle :) *

Just remember, if you have trouble getting your FO to mix in well, you may need to warm your base up a bit... Check with the manufacture to get temp limits and instructions on heating up your base.