Tart question????

Donita

A gift shop just called me and wanted to know if I make the tarts for warmers. I haven't but have a lot of little molds. They don't care if they are wrapped, like Yankee, LOL, so I just need to make some little wax shapes with good FO's in them. Is is there a rule about how much wax goes into each one? Does it matter? They are a good customer and I just want to make them happy. I am planning on using my votive blend wax. Donita

Standard tarts are about 1 oz each...Yankee's are under an oz but don't recall by how much. You might want to ask your client what size tarts she wants and go from there. Also, I'd certainly test the tarts first to make sure they are good and strong. I don't know anything about your votive wax as I use 50% each of OK6228 and J223. I add 1 oz FO to 12 oz of wax and get really strong throw with this formula. Just thought I'd let you know what I've been successful with...do with it what you may. ;) Oh yes, and good luck to you on your account!

Thanks Fern.....I was being lazy. Went through a years worth of archives and pretty much learned what I need to do to get started. This will be fun because I used to be a candy maker and have lots of old candy molds......even antique ones that my DH's grandfather made in his foundry in RI at the turn of the century. Now I can put them to use once again. Oh no.....here I go again....another addiction!!!!!!!!!!!! Donita

I use tons of candy molds for tarts. I don't make the "regular" tarts, I make all mine in shapes and people love them. Don't worry about them being too small, just make sure when you make a tart label (I print my own), I say to put more than one in....can't remember the exact wording (at work lol). Anyway, I know you said you didn't need anymore help, but I couldn't help myself lol.:rolleyes2