Scents you love that the public hated!

Fire and Ice

Wow. This is an ancient thread.

Applewood Orchard from.........I can't remember the name of the business but the supplier's name was Lynn. She went out of business several years ago. It was a wonderful, just simply divine scent, but I only had one customer who loved it like I loved it.

Usually if I love a scent I can push it off on people. Not so with Applewood Orchard. Ohhhhh, I wish I had some right now.

NG Absinthe is awesome and I love love it, can't sell it. I'm renaming and trying again. This is a supremely strong beautiful scent! Anise Scents don't do well.

Unfortunately people still love VS Lovespell type. To me, smells like Barf.

NG Absinthe is awesome and I love love it, can't sell it. I'm renaming and trying again. This is a supremely strong beautiful scent! Anise Scents don't do well.

Ughhhh- that is one I refuse to buy again and offer- gag me - gross!!

I think barf is a perfect description...nasty stuff.

I haven't started offering love spell yet. I think I will make a few clamshells for the upcoming craft shows. See how they do. Hopefully they will sell and I can stand to make them. ;-) OOB it smells ok. A "girly" scent to me. Not my "cup of tea" but maybe someone else's. ;-)

Yes, it is nasty. I have only smelled this scent in samples that I have received. Not for me at all.

As far as poor sellers go, Pink Grapefruit always sold terribly for me. Once I changed the name to Fresh Grapefruit, I could not keep it in stock. Go figure! What the heck was so wrong with the pink?

I started business back up and won't stock Love Spell this time. I agree, it's not the most pleasant OOB scent. It sold well to the 13-21 year old females. I've reintroduced Pink Sugar as a great scent for bridal shower/baby shower favors and it's selling great. I loved Pumpkin Cornbread by Backwoods, couldn't sell ONE! I thought it was a great Fall scent too.

It is so funny. I sell leather like crazy. I am in Texas. I make Cowboy Vanilla, with it, Strawberry Leather and can't keep them in candles or tarts. Another one I see is Love Spell. I sell a lot of that one too. How strange. What doesn't sell for me is the aroma therapy type smells that I love so much. Grapefruit alone doesn't sell, but grapefruit vanilla does. I love good apple pie and can't sell it. Others that don't sell thru the years are ocean, cozy home, cranberry marmalade, pumpkin souffle, citrus basil, lemon, orange clove, the list goes on. I bet I went thru a 1,000 of them. But these are ones that sell for others. It surprised me. Every place is different.

Yes, it is nasty. I have only smelled this scent in samples that I have received. Not for me at all.

As far as poor sellers go, Pink Grapefruit always sold terribly for me. Once I changed the name to Fresh Grapefruit, I could not keep it in stock. Go figure! What the heck was so wrong with the pink?

That is so interesting how people can be impressed with words so strongly. When I have something that isn't selling, I rename, reword before I retire it.

That is so interesting how people can be impressed with words so strongly. When I have something that isn't selling, I rename, reword before I retire it.

I surprised myself reading this thread how scent names that I have not tried trigger the brain to think positive or negative on the scent. All wasn't too bad until I ran across Leather/Strawberry. I got an instant ewww feeling. But....after a couple hours :) I took leather and a little strawberry on a qtip, put in a baggie and am finding this morning it is not awful at all. Its actually very different and something I might like in a candle.