Anyone else used Home for the Holidays

in 100% soy wax? I made some containers with this scent and gave them to 2 of my testers and both said there is no hot throw and very little cold throw. I know that some here are not to fond of this scent but both my testers liked it oob. The candles have cured for about a week and a half, do you think curing longer will help?

I have tested it in S1 (i know its discontinued) and it did not throw as well as I wanted at first, but after about four weeks cure time a 3" 8 oz jar could throw well in kitchen and living room. It wasn't the strongest scent, but you could still smell it. I only used 6% load (1 oz per lb) also, so perhaps 9-10% with four week cure should strengthen it up a bit.

I just ordered 16 oz bottle of it from Peaks :yay: and will test some in Mill Creek's soy I'm testing, as well as in my Christmas present project in the S1.

I use it in soy @ 9% and it throws great right from the git-go. It gets even stronger if it cures but I can usually burn the candle the next day and get an excellent throw. Was my best seller last Christmas. Hope it still is I just bought a bunch. ;) What temperature did you add your fo to your wax? I usually add at 175 and then pour at cloudy/slushy stage. It IS a GREAT scent...in spite of what you've read around these parts! :D hth Stacy

Ok....Yup, I think I am the biggest Non fan of this stuff. But...

I used 100% soy with this and it threw great for me hot and cold.

It stunk up my whole basement. lol Seriously tho, yes it can have a really good throw in soy.

All depends on type of soy used and the wicks. I used candlewic's Soy for mine.

Thanks everyone. I am using Simply Soy from the Waxhouse/Scentmasters, and either a RRD55 or HTP73 wick. I used 1oz pp so maybe I will try again and add a bit more FO. My testers both really liked the scent and I do too :cheesy2: I have my first show coming up in December so hope I can get this one figured out