Wicking Question

I'm fairly new to candlemaking and am still learning every day so I'm hoping all the experts on this board can help me out! I'm currently using KY Perfect Blend and need some advice on wicking both container votives and 12 oz canning jars. As I said.. I'm completely clueless :confused: so if this is a dumb question.. forgive me!! Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

B

I actually did- with awful results (poor melt pool, smoking, etc.). I used wicks from an old candlemaking kit that I had a while ago.. I'm not sure at all what kind it was. So I decided to embrace my "cluelessness" and ask here for suggestions before I wasted tons of money ordering the wrong things. If not... no biggie.. I'll play around with some things- was just looking for any starting point hints that anyone may have. I've mainly focused on tarts in the past so this is all new to me.

Thanks.

The best thing to do is order a wick sampler pack of wicks you would like to try. The HTP wicks work well in this wax. No one is going to be able to give you the exact wick size for you to use in these candles. What works for one person is not necessarily going to work for everyone. It is also going to vary with what FO you use as well, as some are heavier than others and require a larger wick. It just requires a lot of testing, and testing and testing, to find out exactly what works for you. That being said, to give you a push in the right direction, what are the diameters of both of the containers you are going to be using?

Thank you so much... that definitely give me an idea of where to start! I'll post the exact dimensions later.. and I'm on my way to order a sampler pack (didn't realize that they offered these)- will be testing away all week! Thanks again!