Shady internet business

Jeana

I am so frustrated. About May or June I ordered a fairly large amount of essential oils from this company. I heard nothing from them after I place the order. After a couple weeks went by and didn't get anything I called them. They had excuses about moving blah blah blah, and gave me a ship date. I had to call back several times to see if it had gone out after now showing up after the given dates. If my credit card hadn't been charged already I wouldn't have bothered. After about a month and a half I finally got PART of my order. Knowing I never wanted to do business with them again, I didn't want them to send the back ordered items I just wanted a refund. I talked to them about this too. Two months went by with no credit to my account. I called them again (seriously this was about my fifth or sixth call to them maybe more). They had a bunch of excuses again - blaming the credit card companies and so on. They said they wanted to send me a check for my refund. Another two weeks went by and I finally got a check. Well guess what? Big surprise the check bounced!!! Now I am out even more money because of them.

Am I just out this money? I can't believe this. And this company talks about doing ministries and all that on their website too. Boy I guess they saw me coming a mile away.:(

You can prosecute them if they fail to reimburse you for the check. In the state of Indiana, in some cases, you can receive three times the amount of the check in damages.

You can look up your state's laws, or take the easy route and contact your bank or the Prosecutor's office and ask them what the penalties are for writing bad checks. Make sure you speak to someone in authority if you call the bank, such as the manager or vice president in who is responsible for taking care of "bad debts, or returned/NSF checks."

With that information I would send a registered or certified letter to the company, informing them that the check was returned for insufficient funds and that you are giving them 10 days to make full restitution for the amount of the check (plus any fees you were charged by the bank because of it) or it will immediately be forwarded to the Prosecutor's office. Then cite your state's code pertaining to non-sufficent funds checks, or "check deception" that specifies any additional damages they can be held liable for. When sending your letter to the supplier also be sure to include a copy of the front and back of their check.

You don't have to accept their bad check and forget about it. You do have options. I hope that will scare some sense into them and they will pay you what you are owed. Who are these deadbeats anyway?

You can absolutely dispute this charge with your credit card company...that's why it always smart to order over the internet with a credit card. ;) You'll not be out the money as long as you have the documentation to support the claim. Good luck and let us know how it comes out. Stacy

I agree with sockmonkey. Usually sending them a letter letting them know that you WILL report them to (for example) their state’s Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division, AND the Better Business Bureau will be enough to light a fire under them. If a personal letter from you doesn’t do the trick, I would go ahead and report them to both agencies. You can file a complaint online, and they will forward it to the company and give them a certain period of time to respond to your complaint. Good luck!