? about fundraisers info packet

macyboutique

I don't do fundraisers but I think some of the things you would need to include are:

1. Suggested retail price

2. The price structure you are charging the organization. Some companies will just charge a flat rate. For example, if you normally sell your candles for $12, you might sell them to the group at a normal wholesale rate of $6 ea. Other companies offer incentives to sell more, such as:

$7 ea for selling 1-50

$6 for selling 51-100

$5 ea for anything over 100

3. Order forms

4. Minimum orders (will you have one?)

5. Private label information (if you do that)

6. Information regarding turn time once the final orders have been turned in

7. Payment information such as:

Will you accept credit cards, money orders, cash, or checks?

Will full payment be required up front?

8. Delivery information such as whether you will ship the items or can the customer pick them up.

9. If it's a non-profit group, will you need a copy of their tax exempt status?

Another thing you might consider is a contract that a member of the organization would need to sign agreeing to be responsible for payment within so many days after, or upon delivery if you don't require payment up front. (I've seen too many stories here about people working their butts off to make candles for fundraisers and then they never get paid.)

Since most of us do not have a line of credit, I would suggest, considering they get the money from the fundraiser, that they pay you first, taking the 30% to 50% out of it so that you can then order the supplies needed to complete the order, you will have some to start but not to finish, and you cant guess what they are going to buy either.

So, I am finishing up our second this week, (well the paper will be givien to me, no clue what was sold) and then I will order anything extra that may be needed, I did preorder wax and jars prior only cause I had monies left over from the last fundraiser. Oils, Pretty good there.:cheesy2:

Good luck.