This thread should be fun!

There was a thread about what you love most about candlemaking. Now, lets see what your significant other HATES most about candlemaking!!

I think mine hates it that I took over the entire kitchen! We dont eat dinner at the table anymore because I have boxes of supplies all over it!! But, he never says anything, I just know he hates it!!

Next!

There was a thread about what you love most about candlemaking. Now, lets see what your significant other HATES most about candlemaking!!

I think mine hates it that I took over the entire kitchen! We dont eat dinner at the table anymore because I have boxes of supplies all over it!! But, he never says anything, I just know he hates it!!

Next!

Mine hates that when it smells like something delicious is baking in the oven it's just another batch of candles!! :cheesy2:

I don't hate candlemaking itself. It's the lack of space I have that I hate. :cry2: My goal is to have a work room one day where I can have all of my supplies in one place. It will be nice to have my kitchen back, my hall closet back, my spare bedroom upstairs back ... well, you get the picture!:wink2:

I personally hate cleaning molds. When I have 40 of them to clean at a time... :rolleyes2

My dh hates that this business has taken over our house and it's cluttered and trashed. He's very supportive though and never says anything negative. I think he wishes we had a kitchen again so he's been looking at buying a shed to empty the garage and converting the garage to a workspace for me!

I'm not sure which one my SO hates the most...

-The kitchen table covered with shipping supplies

-Wax in the refrigerator and freezer

-Half burned candles sitting everywhere

-Every square inch of the spare bedroom covered with candle making supplies

...or me constantly saying "How does this one smell?" :D

Gosh, I can't think of anything that DH hates about my candle making. He thinks its cool. :D

OK, maybe he cringes *sometimes* when I tell him how much I spent. LOL

Now for me, its the wick testing and WAITING on UPS to bring my stuff. When I'm out of something, I want it ASAP. :rolleyes2 :P

My DH is very supportive of my craft. He is the biggest promoter of my products. I think the only thing that he maybe hates is the amount of TIME that I spend on it. :undecided I have spent many late nights or early mornings as the case might be in the candle shop. Now that I'm getting into the B&B stuff, I am spending even more time out there. :P

I'm not sure which one my SO hates the most...

-The kitchen table covered with shipping supplies

-Wax in the refrigerator and freezer

-Half burned candles sitting everywhere

-Every square inch of the spare bedroom covered with candle making supplies

...or me constantly saying "How does this one smell?" :D

ROFLMAO! That is too funny! Whenever I pop out a candle that I actually like, I have to show him, and he just says.."thats very nice honey" LOL...but today I was showing him my beautiful chunk and he couldnt even say that because he doesnt like chunkies. Ugh, not like chunkies??? Is there a divorce lawyer on the board? ROFL!!

LOL candlelovr about divorcing over chunkies. I could just see people asking you, "was it another woman?" and you have to say nope, "he doesn't like my chunkies!" Yep, thems fighting words alright! I don't think my husband is fond of my "chunkies" either and I am not talking about candles...LOL :undecided :grin2:

The only thing I don't like about it is the testing and keeping up with inventory and costs. My daughter does the books and she's constantly after me cuz I don't keep up with every little item that I buy. If I buy paper towels, wax paper, etc she's gotta have the reciept for it all. Of course I know she's right everything adds up. :cheesy2: And yes it is expensive, I over buy too. See something new, especially FO gotta have it, or I think I do. :P

My SO is supportive, but he does have some comments and questions...

Kitchen, what's a kitchen?

Why can't you carry your own cases of wax? Do I look like a pack mule to you?

Do you really think a woodworker and a candlemaker should live together? I think it's called a tinderbox.

Fragrance oil does not taste like it smells.

I can't smell anything anymore, so don't ask! :rolleyes2

My dh hates that this business has taken over our house and it's cluttered and trashed.

This sounds like my hubby. Except, he has been dishing over the $$$ for my addition to be built (almost done). So lately when he starts to say something he just smiles and says..."oh wait, you get to move to your own room of the house real soon". I don't mind him saying that, cause I don't like to be bothered while I'm working and if they are hungry..where do they come? to the dayum kitchen.