Favorite's about making CaNdLeS!!!!

LiDa

Hello-

Just thought this may be a neat post!

Just curious what everyone loves about this highly addictive hobby!

I love the fact that I get to be crafty with the labels and design as well as still get my hands dirty with the waxes!

I don't know about you all but I love cutting my wax....really I swear!

I am officially CRAZY!!!

Stacey

When I get my wax,,I put it in the freezer and after 15 to 30 minutes I get to hit my hammer on it,,Helps relieve stress and I am not hurting anyone,,LOL,,,J/K,,,anyway,,I like making candles because it calms me and I can use creative skills that are swirling in the brain. I am a at home Mom of Teens and really need something to do with my time because I feel useless,,, you can only clean your house so many times a day,,LOL My Doctor doesnt want me working and neither does my DH so it was his(DH) idea that I make candles. now I feel productive everytime I make a candle. Im so addicted to candles:rolleyes2

For me, it's a number of things.:

*It's a creative outlet and something I can do with God. I'm able to pray and pour at the same time. With all that's happened of late, this is important!

*Meeting all of the neat people

*This is a business for me so I really have to bust my chops if I want to pay bills!

*Research and development~ This happens in January and Feb because they are my slow times and candles sales are very slow. This is when I will try a new vendor for scents as well as re-evaluate my scent list and revise it. Drop some scents, try new ones.:tongue2:

I started out years ago doing crafts and have always wanted to make candles. I started out with just containers, but after viewing the gallery, inspired me to do pillars and other things. I like doing the pillars, cuz sometimes you really don't know what's gonna come out of the mold. sometimes it's good and other times it's bad am the bad ones can be remelted and you have something else. I like because nothing is ever the same. Keeps it very interesting. JMO:cheesy2:

I love everything about candlemaking. I especially love labeling and packaging my product. It really gets my creative juices flowing. Of course, some may think that makes me certifiable! (Oh, did I mention I love wrapping Christmas presents, too?!)

(Oh, did I mention I love wrapping Christmas presents, too?!)

Gee you sound like my oldest daugher. She loves wrapping presents. That's the only thing I don't like about the holidays, having to wrap all that stuff in real pretty paper then everyone just rips it off. :cheesy2: (oh she saves all the bows and ribbons also,me I just toss them. ):D

I am a chef, and due to issues with my children some with disabilities, I chose to be a SAHM. I found myself creatively stifled.. as my family are picky eaters..i couldnt continue my food experimenting as much as I would like:angry2: I also was a candle addict, and got tired of having to spend 20$ for a quality candle..so I started making my own.. that snowballed into well i have containers candles down.. lets try ornamental and bakery candles,lets try tarts, lets try soap, lets try scrubs...:laugh2: . It is a creative outlet mostly.. and i approach it much the way i do when creating a food recipe( I measure like for food too:rolleyes2 ) I never really intened on doing this for profit, so that has been an added bonus for me.

I'd gotten tired of paying outrageous prices for candles that were so inferior. When DH suggested I try making my own, I didn't take him seriously, but now, I'm so happy I went along with his prodding. More than anything, I love having someone walk in and want to know what the wonderful smell is. Also love the look on their faces when I proudly say, I made them:grin2: .

My wonderful SO got "us" started on making candles. We love to burn them and he suggested getting a kit at Michaels. It has grown from there.

I have to say that the first ones, we didn't know what we were doing. We bought 50 pounds of both pillar wax and container wax. Bought wicks that went with each one. Our candles would tunnel, sidewall blow out, not burn at all and we had no clue what was going wrong.

When I found this site, my candle making really took off. I am so into making candles it is not even funny. My SO, he just now lets me make them and enjoys the results. His ideas are still pretty far fetched but I do save used wax for him to "play with".

I am a computer programmer, which in itself is a creative profession, and candle making allows for even more creative outlets. I love pillars the most, and agree with Lolo, you just never know what is going to come out of the mold.:highfive: