Woodwicks?

• 11 months later...
I can't remember the name of the candle line right now but I have seen the candles with the wood wicks at Craker Barrel and they were a lot less expensive...I think I'm going to buy one just to see how the wick burns. :confused:

May be Old Virginia?

Dayna Decker's been discussed before:

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12178&highlight=dayna+decker

Yup WoodWick is a tradename for a brand made by Old Virginia. Dayna Decker has a patent on that particular type of wick (certain type of wood and certain flat shape) and she licensed them to Old Virginia. I bought one to try and it burned with a huge flame that put off a lot of black smoke. The flame was too big for my comfort, so I extinguished it and trimmed it down, but when I re-lit it the flame got just as big again. It made me a little too nervous with the flame that big in the size glass container it was in, so I put it out and gave up on it. I've tried a few other types of wood just for kicks but haven't found anything yet that worked well. I believe theirs are treated with something. It says on the bottom label "WoodWorks™ Candle, ecoWood™ technology licensed by Lumitique Inc.". I paid $24 for one of the 22oz ones (Sandalwood Clove, smells really good). You can't really hear the crackling unless you sit right close to it. HTH!

Thank you all for your information. Very helpful. Do any of you make your ceramic tart burners??

I love making candles and I make the burners.:smiley2:

You need to start a new thread on this because it is beared (sp) within this thread and most likely wont get answered.

I look at those wicks and they remind me of woodwind reeds. I use to play a clarinet and the color and rigidness are exact almost. Reeds are made from cane which also make baskets. The type you find at craft stores. I would be curious to see how that burns.

I look at those wicks and they remind me of woodwind reeds. I use to play a clarinet and the color and rigidness are exact almost. Reeds are made from cane which also make baskets. The type you find at craft stores. I would be curious to see how that burns.

I thought the same thing :) I was just looking at mine....(bought one yesterday at the mall), fun idea, but I think it is overrated.....they smoke and soot like a chimney!