Mixing OK6228 and J223 Questions

Hello!

I'm a newbie and am doing my research to make my own tarts. I have a few questions I was hoping someone might be able to answer for me.

(1) I plan on using Astrolite 6228 and J223 (50/50) for my tarts.

When mixing 6228 and J223 what is the melting point since it is two different waxes with two different mps? Do you average the two?

(2) What temp do I add FO and color. I plan on using a Presto Pot and pouring the melted wax into a pouring pitcher before adding the FO and dye.

(3) After adding the dye and the FO, can I then pour the wax into the molds?

(4) Last one (for now :cheesy2: ), can anyone suggest a site with high quality FOs and dyes?

I truly appreciate all of your wonderful advice and insight! I am so amazed at all the knowledge that this board has to offer! Thanks for any help you can offer!

Just a suggestion, 6228 is great by itself for tarts. You really don't have to mix it with J223. If you insist, I would go 75/25. Just scent and color and pour at 180 or so. There are a ton of great places to buy fragrance oils. Just Scent, Natures Garden, Tennessee Candle Supply, Southern Sensations, the list goes on.

Thanks so much :) A lot of you guys suggested doing 50/50 with the 6228 and J223 so that the tarts would not only hold the scent better, but would not be to soft and stick in the mold. It was also said that because 6228 has a higher melt point, some people had a hard time getting their tarts made from just the 6228 wax to melt in the warmer. So, I think I'll try a few different formulas and see which I like best!

I did order FO from Nature's Garden and color chips from Peaks. Thank you so much for your help! :grin2:

Thanks so much :) A lot of you guys suggested doing 50/50 with the 6228 and J223 so that the tarts would not only hold the scent better, but would not be to soft and stick in the mold. It was also said that because 6228 has a higher melt point, some people had a hard time getting their tarts made from just the 6228 wax to melt in the warmer. So, I think I'll try a few different formulas and see which I like best!

I did order FO from Nature's Garden and color chips from Peaks. Thank you so much for your help! :grin2:

50/50 or 75/25 it's a matter of testing and choice.. however the more container wax you use the softer the wax