Hungry?

Grumpy Girl

My skills for piping icing leave lots to be desired. Hopefully they'll improve with practice.

It's all CP and made with Solas Hot Chocolate and real candy sprinkles. This FO soaped like a dream and smells YUMMY. The bottom is regular poured CP and the top is whipped CP. The jury is still out on how long it's going to take the whipped part to cure and harden up though. It's the first time I've tried to do it.

cupcake.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey that's real cute. Don't know what to think of the sprinkles, though. They do finish off the look and make it seem like a realistic cupcake, so that's a good thing. But I'm trying to imagine how they'd feel in the shower. Ummm...It's a lavender bud thing, ya know. LOL ;)

I'm curious to see how long it takes the whipped part to harden. Let us know, okay?

Well, I was thinking that since the sprinkles were made of sugar, they'd be gone fairly quick. Then again, I have been known to be wrong before. On the other hand, it could be kinda fun depending on where they are used like dandelion garden mentioned. ;)

I had to hide them from myself. I wanted to eat them, and I'm out of gluten free cake mix.

Maryann, I was thinking of trying these with bath bombs on the bottom for Christina's Bath Bomb swap. Does the moisture in the CP make them fizz at all?

Mine haven't, I wait a few days between the two so the bombs are rock hard. I did have one after month come apart w/out being moved :(. But their fun, you can twist them apart and have a bomb and bar of soap all in one :D. The decorations you used look like the candy pareils aka sprinkles, they don't disinegrate like the sugar. You could claim they are for exfoliation- LOL. I use them as well sparingly and they can be brushed off if not too embedded. I used little gingerbreadmen on some for Christmas and they all fell off with out much effort.

Wow, that is very cool looking, just like a real cupcake! The whipped part will probably take a few weeks to get hard, but never gets as hard as the CP, and it is more fragile to me, than the regular CP. It will stay white though, you don't have to worry about that. Great job!