First Craft Show Tomorrow

JJCandlesCrafts

Hey all.

I haven't posted much, but have been reading alot and almost feel like I know most of you already :cheesy2:

I have my first craft show in about 7 hours. Not expecting much, as it is a poorly advertised little "thing" at the local Boro building. But hoping for the best :o

Nothing seems to be going right tonight (labels wont stay adhered to the containers, Presto Pot decided that it doesn't want to be sealed anymore, and in my haste of pouring, I poured a sample pillar that when cured decided that it didn't want to stay in one piece... etc. etc.)

Well, going to bed so I won't be totally useless tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

Thanks,

Joe

Yeah, I'm always working on something at the last minute. Working late the night before a show and stressing about things. And you know what? Whenever I do that, I never sell any of what I worked on! I'm learning to let it go. :rolleyes:

The first shows are always the hardest and the most exciting. Don't sell yourself short. Sometimes I've had better luck at smaller shows. You never know. Good luck and let us know how it went!

Ok so just got home from the show.

Turns out they didn't have enough crafters sign up, so they turned it into a FLEA MARKET & craft show. Of the 6 people inside, 5 were crafters, but there was only one person outside that was a crafter (13 flea market people).

Still though, I think I did the best out of everyone inside. 1 person made table price, and one made $3.00 over. I myself made 5 X booth fee in sales, 4 x in profit. The best I have ever done (compared to straight flea markets). Also, I got to know some of the local artists and found out bout 4 other shows (one of which is next week.... think I'm skipping that one as it is in the Wally World parking lot). But, all in all, I think it went suprisingly well.

Thanks for all your good wishes!!

Joe

New shows are just as important as the money. Now you can pick and choose. Why write off the show next week. The best place to have a show is in the Wal-mart parking lot! So many shoppers to snag on the way in or out of that place. And I'm sure your candles are much better than anything they have in the store!:D

Give it a whirl and you might be surprised!