I Quit.....

I'm so bummed, had two presto's going, trying to make a tilted layer pillar. First got ivory dye all over my hands (no I didn't learn from the first time this happened) got my first layers poured, hardened, filled the molds with the second layer, went to tilt one, slipped , hot wax spilled all over the floor, my work table,and my right foot. I'm about to throw in the towel. (almost in tears) think I'll go to bed and let the wax dry and try to scrape all the mess up in the morning.....

I'm okay, I was just soooo upset. I'm not gonna quit, I love this too much. I was peeved at what a clutz I have become. What got me so bad was the first layers were really looking good. Went to bed, dozed off woke up in about 15 minutes and just had to go check on my candles. Did another pour and they don't look so hot, but what the hey, if they don't turn out alright I'll just repour and make something else. I cleaned up most of the mess but still have little splatters on stuff that I am not gonna tackle now. Tomorrow is a new day and if I'm still a clutz I'll just keep on trying.:cheesy2:

I had to rush some rustic layers because I had to leave my house....So poured them anyway....hot ..and gave them a quick poke. I unmolded one this morning....and it doesn't look bad. I was so stressed about it and today is another day....but I still feel stressed....Sorry you had a stupid day too. I wish I could get more sleep. Some days I just can't get it together....then some days I feel so proud of myself....that is the nature of this business or hobby or whatever it is.. hee hee hee (I have no fingernails since last Christmas when I was grabbing so many chunks....they just won't grow anymore.....they look like I pull weeds for a living.) Donita

Thanks all, the support on this board is awesome. I unmolded the ones I did last night, they look okay considering everything that happened. The one I spilled looks halfway decent. Gonna burn it later for a tester. I'll post pics when I get all my mess cleaned up. When I went in there to take them out of the mold, I cringed at the splatters I still gotta clean up. I keep telling myself the longer it's there the easier it will be to scrape off :rolleyes2 Thanks again.

You clean up your mess??????????? LOL I just decided long time ago to "decorate" in wax....hee hee hee....I am lucky to have a studio attached to my house, but wax still gets over here.....and my dog hair gets into the candles.....and I have a dog named Lola! Donita

You clean up your mess??????????? LOL I just decided long time ago to "decorate" in wax....hee hee hee....I am lucky to have a studio attached to my house, but wax still gets over here.....and my dog hair gets into the candles.....and I have a dog named Lola! Donita

Nope, if you could see my candle room you'd think that I just went in there and threw things around and closed my eyes and poured wax everywhere. :laugh2:

Bet your dog is cute, it's gotta be if it's named Lola.....:cheesy2:

I'd rather have your mess than the one I made 3 or so weeks ago ... poured about 4 cups of wax, if not more, down the sink thinking it was water. I was cleaning up for the night when I did it & all I really wanted to do was go to bed, but I had to deal with it. Finally, around 2am I had the pipes cleaned out. Sheesh!

And then the other day, I had just blown out a container tester & lifted it over my head to see what the FOs were in the candle ... only to tip it enough to cause melted wax to spill down my sleeveless arm & onto my new shirt & pants. grrrrrrrrrrr.

Candlemaking days are like other days ... great ones, bad ones, absolutely rotten ones, and all points in between. I think sometimes the trick is knowing when to walk away.

Sounds like things are better now. Hang in there, Lola, minor candle disasters are really small compared to some of the things you've already been thru in life. All things being relative. :o

I'm so glad you're feeling a little better. I almost threw in the towel last week, I just about pulled my candle page on my website and said to heck with it. A new day makes everything look better, doesn't it?

And I. Love. Your. Scripture. Quote. LOVE IT.