Anyone use tins for B&B or buy closures?

Indescent

Hi all :)

I am considering changing my packaging, as I do not like the tops on my current jars. I would love to use tins, but wouldn't be able to for the sugar scrub, of course. Does anyone buy closures separately? I am trying to see if buying them separatel is even worth it.

I really like my tins (currently only using for candles) and would love to use them for some of my B&B stuff eventually, but I had heard that they may rust with liquid type products. ???

My old secret buddy sent me some bath confetti in a tin, and I thought that was a GREAT idea. :D

I thought it would be even cuter with the clear topped lids so you could see the colors through, kind of like a kalidescope. ;)

I know you really aren't liking those ribbed black tops you got, but I'm telling you they look FINE, your label sets it all off and besides the product inside is what's selling. Those jars look GREAT girl!

I know you can buy the lids separately but don't know about pricing since I've never really paid that much attention while shopping around.

Hey Lady :)

Thanks for the boost :)

I sent my mom body butter for her to pimp, I mean er, test on her friends and she said everyone raved about it being in a tin. I checked it out once I got back to MD and its not rusted. I wasn't thinking so much for sugar scrubs and stuff like that because of the rust; I did want to have everything look similar, even if I have to put the scrub in a bottle. So I am back to the jars again LOL. I dont know what I want! (Mystical-- time to have a pick out packaging cocktail party!!!)

And the more I think about it the more of a hassle I think it will be to buy jars from one place and pay shipping and do the same for the closures. I don't think I'm that anal.

Yet.:P

I put my bath salts in a tin. I package them in a small ziploc bag, then put that in the tin so it doesn't rust or spill.

I've seen body butters in a tin at Whole Foods. I cannot, for the life of me, remember what the brand was...but it started with a Z. It's a nationwide company. If you have a WF near you, it's worth popping in there to see what the brand is and maybe buying one to keep around to test the rusting thing. I buy my tins from specialtybottle.com, I like their CS and their prices.

Just read one of the replies - is it the ribbed look you don't like? If you had smooth sided closures, would that appeal to you? MMS has the smooth sided black tops, which I use and love for my butters. I use their 8-oz shallow jars with the black smooth sided tops, and I think they look very professional, if I may pat myself on the back.

Maybe you are talking about Zumbar with the whole food butter.

I used to use tins for the butters, but now only for the lotion bars, I like the look of the straight jars better, much classier look.

I think the ones on you website look great, I get the smooth tops at MMS

HTH

Michelle

I put my bath salts in a tin. I package them in a small ziploc bag, then put that in the tin so it doesn't rust or spill.

I've seen body butters in a tin at Whole Foods. I cannot, for the life of me, remember what the brand was...but it started with a Z. It's a nationwide company. If you have a WF near you, it's worth popping in there to see what the brand is and maybe buying one to keep around to test the rusting thing. I buy my tins from specialtybottle.com, I like their CS and their prices.