Soap crocker

RXCMAS

Hey everyone,

I was up at Michael's store today. I saw in the soap, wax section, they had a small crock pot for soap. It was so little i thought it was cute, but looks like a rice cooker to me. It so small, made for only making soap. Have anyone bought one? That small thing cost 29 dollars. I can get a bigger crock at walmart cheaper than that but the stainless steele one. I was at good will today and saw a crock pot, but wasn't too sure about it. :undecided :rolleyes2 :confused:

Oh by the way, I thought of using a mini muffin pan for soap as a mold. What do you guys think of that?:undecided

Most of their soap stuff provided by www.soapplace.com

I teach classes at Michael's and we have one for the classroom, it is good if you do a lot of M&P and want to constantly keep it ready to pour...but you have to keep an eye on it because it only has two settings, melt and warm and it is supposed to cut itself back to warm after a certain period of time but doesn't always and can boil or boil over (ask me how I know!). The main thing I don't like about it is that it has no on/off switch when you plug it in its on warm and if you want to stop the heat you have to unplug it. I have one of the older ones at home that is nonstick instead of aluminum and I have used it for soy wax and it works fine. I have never had a problem with mine boiling over or boiling at all, just the classroom one at Michael's. For my M&P soap I usually still use the microwave because its easier and for my wax I use my presto pots.

Yep, trying to get your soap out of a metal mold is going to be a PITA for sure, you need a mold that's a bit more flexible so that you can kind of tweak it and push on the backside to get the soap out. ;)

As for the "soap melter" don't waste your money, you could buy a ton of those pyrex measuring cups (which is what I currently use) with that kind of money. Microwaving makes it really easy and quick.

Thanks, I appreciate your advices. I figured so to use the pyrex measuring cups. Yea i kinda figured the metal pan or so wouldn't let the soap pop out. Thanks again. Have a good one.:cheesy2:

Yep, trying to get your soap out of a metal mold is going to be a PITA for sure, you need a mold that's a bit more flexible so that you can kind of tweak it and push on the backside to get the soap out. ;)

As for the "soap melter" don't waste your money, you could buy a ton of those pyrex measuring cups (which is what I currently use) with that kind of money. Microwaving makes it really easy and quick.