Life of a Wax Dipped Bear

I'm preparing for my first craft show in two months and I was only planning on doing candles, but the demand for my wax dipped bears has gotten me thinking I should add some to the inventory. So far, I've only done "bears to order" and I'm not sure how far in advance I can do a bear and still have them remain fresh. I'd hate to sell a bear that someone is going to have a use a hair dryer on right away. Any hints so I can get my bears started and I'm not pulling my hair out 2 days before the show? Thanks!

Heather

Scented- I have never made my own "dipped" bear but I have one here that someone else made, and when I first got it I couldn't even take it out of the bag the scent was soooooooooooooo very strong (it almost stunk to me, it was so strong). :eek:

Well, I waited about 1 1/2 mths before taking it out of the bag, and although it was still mighty potent, it didn't "sicken" me, KWIM?

Anyway, I've had it out on my dresser now for about a month, and it has NO smell at all, unless you stick your nose right up to it. :(

I mean this thing was soooo saturated in wax and FO that it probably weighs 10x's it's original weight. LOL

I want to try my hand at making these for some Christmas gifts, but after setting mine out, I'm thinking it may be a waste of wax and FO, since I can't smell it anymore.

Now you just said that they should last about 6 mths. before needing to put any heat to it. ???

What do you think is wrong with the one I have? :(

Hey Michi! I wonder if part of the problem is that you're just used to the scent more than you were?? I think that has happened to me. I have a lot of candles that I can't smell until I get them out of my house and into my office at work...There, they are just magnificent smelling...at home, I can't smell them at all. I don't think it's candle nose, because, well, like I said, I can still smell them just fine away from the house. I think there is such a cross contamination of smells there, that certain things I am immune to now. I don't know if anyone else has this problem or not. Kinda sucks, becuse I've gotta take stuff out of the house to be sure it's throwing like it should be:o

Couldn't really tell you Michi without knowing how it was made ya know? It could just be the wax that was used. The person who made it could have skimped on the FO amount. Personally, I don't like the wax dipped bears if they haven't been wrung out well. I know we made some that lasted a year, but haven't seen the peeps since then to know if the bears are still kicking. I was doubtful about it lasting a year.