Vodka?

Penny

It's probably in there as a deterrent to mold. That's the reason it's added to smelly jellies. I've used rubbing alcohol as a substitute in smelly jellies for myself and it did fine as far as preventing mold, and it looks like it would do for hand soap (since it's not a leave-on product). You could try it in a small batch to make sure it's not going to do something weird, like thinning the soap down too much.

Thanks for replying. I made a batch with alcohol and I'm waiting for it to cool. Actually, this is my second batch. The first batch go too thick. So, I'm giving it another shot. I tried watering it down, but I want to know exactly what combination of what works. I'll post the recipe if it turns out okay. Thanks again.

I'm still working on this recipe. I'm not sure yet if I really like it. I've been using one bottle and letting it set in another to see what will happen over a little time. It's really thick so I'm working to get it thinned out more. I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks