Firestarters.. help!!

Hi, I hope you will excuse me, but I'm ignorant, and the language doesn't help.

What are firestarters? Are they something to light a fire in the fireplace?

But.. do you make them with wax? And what happens to wax in the fireplace??

I have a fireplace at home and it would by nice do some of them, but:

first I don't know where to start from; second I'd don't like to have my fireplace a mess!!!

Thanks to all!!

Search the archives....many people make them. I use left over wax poured over pine cones with a little wick stuck in it. (poured into muffin pans)they are used to start your fire in a stove or fireplace. I usually see them sold by the dozen...scented or not. Christmas scents are good, however. Personally, I just use my old paper towels that have wax on them...stack them up next to my fireplace and use them....not so pretty, but...hey...it's my studio and nothing in there looks very good. LOL Donita

ps...and since my middle name is "tacky" I sometimes sprinkle glitter on them.

People make firestarters out of different things ... pinecones, potpourri, wood chips, etc. I fragrance leftover wax with cinnamon FO then mix with hamster litter (the pine shavings). I scoop it into little paper cups, such as the kind you put mints or nuts in at a wedding shower, top off with some dollar store potpourri for looks, insert leftover wick pieces, and let them set up. I use soy wax and my experience has been that the wax pretty much burns away.

People make firestarters out of different things ... pinecones, potpourri, wood chips, etc. I fragrance leftover wax with cinnamon FO then mix with hamster litter (the pine shavings). I scoop it into little paper cups, such as the kind you put mints or nuts in at a wedding shower, top off with some dollar store potpourri for looks, insert leftover wick pieces, and let them set up. I use soy wax and my experience has been that the wax pretty much burns away.

many thanks Bev, now I see!

So I'm going to do some of these firestarters for fall and winter.

Kisses