lid question?

LynnS

I brought some decorative heart votive jars.They are a little bigger than the flower pot containers.I ordered lids specially for the flower pot but they do not fit. For the heart container they are the same size but not snug fitting.I want these to be covered and these lids would work but just not perfect fit.Just a tad bit to big not snug.What can I use to hold them on.If I put them in a bag the lid would fall off.Any ideas?It is to late to order anything.Craft sale in one week.Just got the lids yesterday.I don't want to leave them without a lid.Help!!!!!

LynnS

The lids I bought for the flower pots don't fit snugly either. :angry2: Is the top of the votive holder heart shaped? I would think that would be a hard fit for any lid. ???

I have this same problem with a couple of different jars I'd like to use, like the roly poly jars, I really like them, but there is no friggin' lid. I store them here with saran wrap on top, but don't think that looks very professional.

Could you maybe tie them on with raffia or something like that?

Sorry not much help here, just wanted to let you know you're not alone. ;)

ThankYou for the info as this is about all I can come up with too.I like all lids on my candles but wanted to do some flower pot votives and some other different things( a change from jars etc).These heart ones are round jar(glass)like the flower pot jars but very pretty and a couple heart shapes.They almost look like crystal glass with hearts.Just something different and unique. I get them from a wholesale store 25 miles from me and they have just started on-line business and with the gas cost I am about ready to do the on-line there too.Especially if a small order and weight isn't much.The store is called the FLOWER FACTORY.You have to have a tax ID.Check them out and see my heart votives(not heart shaped)

Forgot though I do have the small candles that are shaped like hearts I am doing also and know if I cover those it will have to be saran or just nothing.Like the big hearts we talked about last year these are small and hold about 3 ounce of wax.

Thinking if I put just a little of saran around the top and then put the lid on that may work.Make them a little snug.I am starting these this week.I have to get on this.I like lids for labels on the top.

Check out the Flower Factory.A huge outlet and different things.

Thanks again

LynnS

I thought about the raffia after looking today.Thought about tape at the beginning when I realized the lids wont fit.It is almost perfect fit but just a little loose.I am going to work on it tonight.These heart otive cups are so pretty and want to find a way to do them.