Rust colored rings in outer edge of wax

Ok, I've been aming candles for a while now. Have sold at craft fairs and had repeat customers. I use 16 oz. tins and J223. Some of my candles develope a rust colored ring in the wax around the outer edge after a while. Not fragrance sitting on the top but like the wax has discolored. Mostly happens with FO that have vanilla in them. Now I know that certain FO will rust the tin with dark spots while burning (pink sugar and Ky coconut cream pie does it for me) but that's not this. I don't color my wax so it really shows. I've tried adding a little Vybar and tried UA and cutting back on FO amount but that doesn't help. When I mix it in, I use a glass pour pot amd mix until the wax goes frim looking cloudy to really clear so I'm assuming it mixing in well. No one has complained about this but I have my first whole- sale account coming up and I'm concerned about this. Does anyone else have this? Do I just embrace this and not worry if no one has complained yet or do I color all my candles rust so it blends in:) Or is there a way of solving this? Thanks so much for the help!!

It sounds like your tins are the culprit. I had some that, although they were supposed to be able to be used for body items, when I made body creams with KY's CCP or any vanilla scent the rust would show up in the cream.

Try a different type of tin, or from a different company. I got mine really cheap, and I think that was the problem. Or, if you love your tins and don't want to change them, perhaps try Mod Podging them with a coat or two? It only takes a second and the Mod Podge dries clear (although it looks white while you're applying it).

DanaE

Have poured 6 Oz tins for 3 years. This happened to us the first summer. The rust just kept getting worse. It almost broke us. You cannot use 223 poured in tins with some scents, especially vanillas and food scents. We switched to IGI 6006 for most of our scents. It does not react!! and it is a really good wax. Also stay away from 4630 (comfort blend) and even 4786. Honest, 6006 is the only one I will use.