Microcrystiline wax

Im thinking of ordering some of this for layered pillars. I have the problem with dark colors bleeding into my lighter colors. So I was wondering if I use this mixed in with the darker colors, it will raise the mp so I wont have the bleeding? Does anyone else do that?

TIA!!

I think maybe you could accomplish the same thing by fine tuning your timing and temperatures to obtain the results you want. That's potentially a simpler approach to the problem.

However, if you want to use the micro I don't think it will do any harm apart from getting used to the altered properties of the wax. It will raise the hardness and the MP and increase scent retention. Depending on what kind you use it could have other subtle effects on the adhesion of the layers and the finish of the candle. Might be interesting to see what you get.

Something you might try besides the micro is to pour the first layer and before you pour the next layer pour a very thin coating of the second color. Let that set a bit then pour your next layer. The thin layer isn't enough to be seen but just enough to stop the bleed.

I had actually posted a question about the light to dark layering when I made my last layered pillar and it bled really bad. I used black and yellow, poured the black first and then when I poured the yellow, it turned a blackish yellow..yuk!

I dont know if anyone answered me on that one or not, but I had thought of using that method!

Thanks!