Tarts

Hello. I don't know if anyone has asked this question before, I did a search and couldn't find anything on it. I know a lot of you use the clamshells, and some of you use the fluted tarts. I just have the fluted tart molds and that is all I have used. I am in the process of making a gift basket for a wedding and wanted to include some tarts. I made a few fluted ones with some leftover wax. Anyway, my question is this....would it work to use small cookie cutters, like the size for making chunks, and making tarts with those? So basically making thicker chunks and melting them in the tart warmer? I can't see any reason why this would not work. But I don't normally make tarts and I am sure I could be missing something. :grin2: Any help or info is appreciated. TIA

Thank you. I don't have any plastic candy molds right now. (might get some for the future though) I do have some small cookie cutters that i wanted to use specifically for this wedding basket i am doing. They are in the shape of leaves and i am going with a fall theme for this one, so they would fit in. Would any of you recommend using container wax, or is pillar wax better for this? I have both and planned on using the pillar wax, but i was just curious. Thanks again.