Floater Wick ?

I'm trying floater candles again and have a question on the best way to wick them. Should I use a wick tab or just a the wick? I know that I have to heat the bottom to seal the wick from the water. Trying to get it right this time since I have a wonderful new mold from Paulette to work with. Thanks

I'm trying floater candles again and have a question on the best way to wick them. Should I use a wick tab or just a the wick? I know that I have to heat the bottom to seal the wick from the water. Trying to get it right this time since I have a wonderful new mold from Paulette to work with. Thanks

You can let the wax partially set up in the mold, the bottom will have a thin coating. When this happens, you can set your wick down into the wax but it has to be a tabbed one. Then let it set up and do your repour if necessary (gives a better look). I've used tooth picks or broken up bamboo sticks to keep the wick straight while the wax is setting up.