Please Tell Me It's Not Ruined....UPDATE!!!!

wildangel112

DH and I were measuring out everything for a new batch of soap and unknown to me, he over-measured my rice bran oil. I found this out after everything was over and done and my soap was resting in the mold. He just "happened" to wonder out loud if 11oz. of RBO rather than the 10.3oz. I needed was going to affect the outcome. Please tell me my beautiful log of soap isn't ruined:cry2: .

Wait it out and see what happens, if it is oily let it sit a couple of days. Sometimes people will superfat there soap which means they will add something extra at the end, so you may just end up with a luxury bar. Let us know how it works out, it may be a little soft so let it sit longer than usual.

Maybe try running the amount actually used and see what soap calc says...

Hmmm.. I don't even know if that is possible :confused:

It is possible if you use the calc at MMS. That one goes by ounces or grams instead of percentages. Plug in all of your #'s and make sure you put the correct ounces used for the RBO. After you calculate, look for the amount of lye that you used and it will give you a good idea of the amount of superfat.

Here's the link http://thesage.com/calcs/lyecalc2.php

It is possible if you use the calc at MMS. That one goes by ounces or grams instead of percentages. Plug in all of your #'s and make sure you put the correct ounces used for the RBO. After you calculate, look for the amount of lye that you used and it will give you a good idea of the amount of superfat.

Here's the link http://thesage.com/calcs/lyecalc2.php

Cool, thanks! I'll add that to my notes :)