Aloe vera powder

SatinDucky

Ok, here's the reason I went with the powder instead of the gel. The liquid simply contains more buggies and stuff. In a 6 month test batch, the ones with the liquid gel visably molded, and I made 2 sets with 2 different preservatives. Both of the ones with the powder did neither.

So I'm now soaping all that liquid aloe I have!

Bunny, I see what you're saying but I wonder what the difference is by using the powder with I am assuming distilled water added right? And having the aloe juice or gel already made up??

Not questioning you at all, just makes you wonder what would cause the "boogies, etc." in one and not the other??

I'd love to try your recipe, but it seems pretty pricey. :eek: I guess when you break it down into individual portions it wouldn't be too bad huh? ;)

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful tried and true recipes.

Well, how long has that gel sat on the shelf? Doing the heat and hold like you're supposed to do with water will kill any goodness left in the aloe, kinda defeats the point in using it.

Try it with just water.. I really can't tell a difference between it with or without, just makes for good label appeal...lol

Bunny, the Aloe Liquid from Starville should be fine right? It is made from the powder and is not like the aloe juice bought at the drug store. There should be no buggies if it is not made with sugar right? I do have the aloe powder and have yet do figure out how to use it, I talked to Tiffany quite a bit at TDF and she said the aloe powder made can still get moldy. I know I can experiment but at $17.00 for 1/2 oz a pop is to expensive for me to play with. :undecided

Buggies grow in water.. That's why many whipped butters don't contain preservative, they normally don't need it. Anything with water, and adding certain elements, such as milks, honey, proteins and aloe (and a zillion other things) make it even more prone to grow bacteria, yeast, and mold. Anything can get moldy, I'm just making a choice that is supposed to lessen the chances.

Just try it with the water... :D

I would love to try the powder but I don't know how to get the amount I need. Lets say I want to make 4 oz of your butter I will need 2.28% of aloe water, how in the heck do I make 2.28oz of water and how much powder. I know that one part Aloe Vera 200X to 199 parts water = Aloe Vera Gel but how does that help me make 2.28oz? :confused: