snowglobe soap embeds

elle110

Well, you buy these molds that are shaped as globes and you use the balls as embeds. I love the dolphins but I need chrismas ones, the xmas ones ther are just balls with no liquid.

I know someone sells them but I have searched everywhere. Live of the Party makes the molds but do not sell the embeds seperately. The even have a kit but there are only a few globe inserts in the kit.

Michelle

I went and looked at them because I've never heard of snowglobe embeds. They look cool. Is the embed the entire globe? Or like for the dolphin, the dolphin being the embed and use a ball soap mold with clear soap?

Here you go. See how hte insert is not just a rubber ball with toy in it, it is actually a ball w/liquid and snow ect. (similar to the dolphin)

[ATTACH]1295[/ATTACH]

Hmmm... I would love to see a pic of a finished one, if anyone has one. I just can't seem to connect the dots here :(

post-163-139458379212_thumb.jpg

i know, me to. I don't get it, if Life of the Party makes the kits why don't htey make refill globe? The balls are cute, but I really like the water in them. I emailed Kangaroo Blue to make sure the xmas ones didn't have it and they alreay emailed back saying they don't have water, just a snowman suspended in the ball. Can you believe they emailed be right back this late?

MIchelle

I searched high and low for them and Kangaroo is the only place I have found them.:undecided

Here you go. See how hte insert is not just a rubber ball with toy in it, it is actually a ball w/liquid and snow ect. (similar to the dolphin)

[ATTACH]1295[/ATTACH]

Thanks! Now for more questions...LOL

Is the liquid inside soap? I mean.... I know what a regular plastic snowglobe is, but I'm not understand the soap and embed parts :o

no, the liquid is inside the plastic ball which had the snowman, then you embed the plastic ball in the globe, the soap part is them globe, you get the domed molds, pour clear soap in, then take the round globe and position it in the mold, then once it starts setting up you pour about a 1/4 inch of white soap.

In the pic, the whole thing is glycerin soap except for the round plastic round embed

Here is a link which shows them being made:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_home_accessories/article/0,1789,HGTV_3255_2216611,00.html

HTH

Michelle

Thanks for the link on how to make them Michelle. ;)

It shows the supplier www.jeancharles.com but you have to sign in???? So, don't know how to get in there, but there's also a telephone number so maybe you could call him?

Also, the guest on the show has an email add listed and maybe she could lead you in the right direction for these.

I'd love to find out myself. they are really cute. :D

THANKS something to tempt my addiction :grin2: This are too cute thanks so much for sharing.

I thought the same thing Michelle did here's that lady's info:

soapmaking supplies

Jean Charles, Inc.

Phone: 800-237-9845

If she doesn't get back to you I don't mind calling as long distance is

"free" for me (I pay one price for unlimited calling).

Thanks AGAIN :smiley2:

Maryann, that is actually the supplier, but below that info was the "shows guest" which I assumed is who made the soap for that episode or whatever, and that is who I emailed. ;)

I haven't heard back from her, but I called her number and it sounded like some big business that had all these, "if you want to talk to receiving push this button" etc. so I just hung up, cuz there was no button for what I was looking for. ???

If you have a Michaels by you check there. Sometimes they have the snowglob making kits. You can make the snowglobes yourself with water, glitter, pictures etc. They were small so they may be able to put in a soap mold after you have made them. I have seen the kits where you put pictures inside the globes and ones where there are little resin figures in the globes and all you do is add the water, glitter and sealed it up.

Bath and Body sold these soaps too. It's been a while but I did buy some at christmas one year.

HTH

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any luck finding the snowglobe balls? I have been searching for these as well and the only ones I can find dont actually have water in them. I have found a few sites that carry the finished soap snowglobes and they have the balls with water. Where did they find them?

BTW-I don't think the dolphins have water in them either.

~Michelle~

I've been doing a lot of searching since this thread started, trying to find the globes with liquid. As of yet, not one ball with liquid. Everyone seems to have the same ones. Dolphins, snowmen, and dogs. Oddly enough, some places like KB just say "dolphin ball" to embed, makes it sound like a like it could be anything. Others actually say it's a rubber bouncing ball. Though they all use the exact same picture. I'm hoping someone has better luck than me :cry2: