remember the jelly bath

soapermom

Hi Kerri! First, welcome to the boards and thank you for sharing your recipe!

In looking at it, and after googling it, may I ask where you get your potassium polyacrylate? None of the suppliers that are coming up that I am familiar with, but I really want to try this!

Hi Kerri! First, welcome to the boards and thank you for sharing your recipe!

In looking at it, and after googling it, may I ask where you get your potassium polyacrylate? None of the suppliers that are coming up that I am familiar with, but I really want to try this!

Hey Bunny! The polyacrylates are from www.watersorb.com

Order the powdered kind! HTH! :)

I have to try this. I figured it was watersorb that was the key to this...so I ordered this about six months ago. I just haven't had the guts to jump in the tub with it. LOL

Your recipe...is that just for one tubful? Or two?

Hey Lindsay!

Gosh no... that recipe will do about 6 or more tubs, depending on how much you want to put in it! It's kind of up to you... you can also play around with how much polyacrylates you add to it... the more you add, the thicker it will be. I kind of preferred it a little more 'slushy' instead of really thick, so I added the 3 cups. But if you like it thicker, you can add more!

The fun part is experimenting with it! :)

Also, I don't want to take credit for something I didn't create... it's not really 'my' recipe. A nice lady named Carla shared it with us on the soap groups last summer!

HTH!

Hugs,

Kerri :)

Awww, thanks blazerina! I appreciate that!!

I really try hard to do right by my customers, both on my supplies business and my retail business. I got my first and only negative feedback on eBay last week and it really hurt my feelings... a customer had ordered 2 bags of crumbles and one of the bags had burst during shipment, so the crumbles were loose in the package. They didn't email me or let me know, just left negative feedback. All they had to do was email me and I would have replaced it for them, no problem. If I have a problem with a seller, I always at least give them an opportunity to make it right... on or off of eBay.

I guess we can only do what we can do... and if something throws us off path, you just keep truckin' along!! :wink2:

I would have replied sooner if I had known the thread was here... I don't get over here much, unfortunately, and the only reason I found the thread was because tonight I was exploring on eBay and found I could track where people had linked to my store from... and this link was listed! LOL

Hugs!

Kerri ;)

Hi Kerri!

I love your site and I really need to get some of your oils once I decide which ones. I am writing however to give you some Ebay tips. 1. Never ever leave feedback for a buyer unless they have left one for you first. Some do not agree to this but this is why I say this. Leaving positive feedback for a buyer first before they even receive your item leaves you wide open for any kind of crap they might decide to throw at you. Lets say you send them something and for some reason they decide the scent is not strong enough, they leave you a negative because of that. You have no way of firing back because you have already left them a positive feedback and can't retaliate.

The buyer is supposed to pay in a timely manner and immediately after the sale. No need to praise them for that right away. Its their responsibility. Once you have fulfilled your end of the bargain by shipping the item(s) they then leave you one, and you leave them one in return. This shows that the transaction is complete, everyone is satified, life goes on. However, leaving them one right away before they get your items leaves you open for them to say anything, and some buyers are just vindictive jerkos. I bet if you had not left her positive feedback, she would have done the right thing and contacted you first about the package so you could have made it right, for fear of getting negative feedback in return.

I received my first negative last week too, and I immediately left the buyer negative feedback in return, because what she left feedback for was so completely false. I then opened up a feedback withdrawal dispute which I would suggest you open up against this girl with only 2 feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MFWRequest

I opened up the dispute and play-bargained. She only had 2 feedback too compared to my hundreds, and I said look, your negative feedback that you left me barely made a dent in my reputation. I am still a powerseller, and my feedback is still 99.9%, while yours now says 67%. People are not going to want to do business with you. So how about you agree to remove the feedback that you left me and I will do the same to the one I left you.

She agreed within 1 hour and now the nasty little feedback is gone and I am back at 100%. I hate the feedback system on Ebay, it is so bogus, but there are ways to make it work for you. Try sending her that feedback withdrawal form and tell her look, it was a mistake, you definitely did not mean for the bag to open, and you can send her a replacement if and only if she withdraws the feedback. It just might work. Seeing that she has been a member of Ebay for only 2 months she is inexperienced and does not know the unwritten secret rules yet:D

**yeah, I know, I talk too much and write novels as replies, but hey, that's me:laugh2:"

Wow, thanks for all the good advice!! I'll see what I can do, but since I already left her good feedback I dont' have much of a barganing chip LOL

I have been on ebay for a while, but not really as a seller... I mostly bought stuff before. When I first started making candles a few years ago, I tried selling on eBay but only sold one candle! This time, I've been selling on ebay for a few months and have been doing great, I'm very pleased. My local and online website sales are always good, but it's nice to do well on eBay too!

Thanks again for the tips!! :)

Hugs!

Kerri

Hi all, I usually a major lurker, so please excuse me barging in :cheesy2:

Firstly, thanks for the recipe Kerri.

Would anyone know, or have any idea, if the whole 'patent thing' and 'not selling' would be relevent to myself, as I do not live in the US [from the West Indies]? As in, if I sold the product here in the Indies, would I be liable to get a letter etc from jellybath?

Thanks

• 3 months later...