remember the jelly bath

soapermom

and from what I remember the company that makes the gelee bath has very strict trademark rules about trying to duplicate their product...not like I ever thought that would stop anyone LOL

The lady on ebay is selling it and they are buying her $5.95 bars as well.

I used to sell a lot of soap on ebay, but only loafs but then last year so many people started throwing their stuff on so I stopped, I actually have retained some regular customers from ebay and they now buy from my site.

I did a search for the Jelly Bath thread and came up empty handed. Did anyone decide what it was made of and what makes it disolve?

The ebay description says the dissolving mixture contains mineral salts and that you can actually sit in the tub while it dissolves.

I just checked out their link, and discovered that it is expensive! To me, the whole thing just seems too time consuming. Pour your water, drop in the powder, wait 5 minutes, soak, pour in dissolving powder, add more water, wait 15 minutes, drain. Then, when you go to order you basically receive a warning telling you not to copy their stuff. It's probably nothing more than Knox gelatin with color and fragrance added anyway.

I just checked out their link, and discovered that it is expensive! To me, the whole thing just seems too time consuming. Pour your water, drop in the powder, wait 5 minutes, soak, pour in dissolving powder, add more water, wait 15 minutes, drain. Then, when you go to order you basically receive a warning telling you not to copy their stuff. It's probably nothing more than Knox gelatin with color and fragrance added anyway.

All of our products are worthy in the eye of the beholder.. I imigine they are selling at that price because they can..

I would like to have the profits on it!:cheesy2:

Its not knox gelatin... its more like was mentioned above a type of silica or somethng similar like hydra soil or water crystals like we use for smelly jelly...

It says it retains the heat in the water 5 times longer than without it....so that in itself makes me want to try it as I love my baths but the minute the water turns luke warm, I am refilling the tub with hot water....this would save me on my water bill.:D

• 1 month later...
Interesting Serendipities is a fragrance oil supplier.

Yep, that's me! :)

Georgia Soap Works & Candle Factory is my retail business.

On the Bath Gelle, I got the recipe from someone on a soap group (Carla at Lilypad Luxuries), never even knowing that a company called Jelly Bath existed. I had the Bath Gelle on eBay for a few weeks before I got a letter from Jelly Bath :D The funniest part is that there is really only one ingredient that is common to the Bath Gelle and the Jelly Bath... everything else is completely different. If I cared enough to waste money on a lawyer, I'd have them look into the patent info to see if I was 'really' violating their patent... but I don't care enough to argue about it, really. Didn't really sell that much of it, to be honest!

If anyone would like to make your own Bath Gelle, here is the formula that was posted on the soap groups to make it (although I don't recommend selling it, :grin2: ):

6 cups Natrasorb Bath

2 oz fragrance oil

4 oz polysorbate 80

2 oz fractionated coconut oil

3 cups potassium polyacrylate (this is what makes the 'jelly')

Salt (table salt or epsom salts works fine)

Instructions:

In a cup, mix your FO/poly 80/FCO until well blended.

In a LARGE ziplock bag, put your Natrasorb Bath in, then drizzle the FO/poly80/FCO mixture over it and smush, smush, smush! Mix it up really well until all of the liquid is absorbed and distributed evenly.

When it's all smushed up nice and uniform, add your polyacrylates and smush some more. It may take a while to get it all mixed well. And that's it! You add it to water to make the gelle, and when you're done you sprinkle the salt on it to make it 'dissolve' so that it will go down the drain.

The polyacrylates are nothing more than the stuff you use to make smelly jelly, only it's in a powder form. You can buy it from www.watersorb.com, they sell the powdered form and the crystal form as well.

I added extra different oils for more moisturizing properties, but you can play around with it and see what you like. The gelle does feel nice, especially for a foot soak with some peppermint FO or EO!

Have fun and hope this helps! :)

Oh, and on my soaps... yes, I have plenty of customers both online and local that don't blink at paying $5.95 for a bar of my soap. And the $4.95 shipping, that is postage for a flat-rate priority mail envelope, I can ship up to 8 bars for that cost with no additional postage, so my customers usually buy many bars at a time to save on shipping costs. :)

HTH!

Hugs,

Kerri

Serendipities Scents

www.SerendipityScents.com

K- Just wanted to say it is very gracious of you to come here and be so open. You seem like 'good people' and it's understandable why you have repeat sales.

Awww, thanks blazerina! I appreciate that!!

I really try hard to do right by my customers, both on my supplies business and my retail business. I got my first and only negative feedback on eBay last week and it really hurt my feelings... a customer had ordered 2 bags of crumbles and one of the bags had burst during shipment, so the crumbles were loose in the package. They didn't email me or let me know, just left negative feedback. All they had to do was email me and I would have replaced it for them, no problem. If I have a problem with a seller, I always at least give them an opportunity to make it right... on or off of eBay.

I guess we can only do what we can do... and if something throws us off path, you just keep truckin' along!! :wink2:

I would have replied sooner if I had known the thread was here... I don't get over here much, unfortunately, and the only reason I found the thread was because tonight I was exploring on eBay and found I could track where people had linked to my store from... and this link was listed! LOL

Hugs!

Kerri ;)

Thanks for the recipe:D

But did I miss the part that says how to make it dissolve before you drain the tub?

That's where the salt comes in.... you sprinkle salt over the top of the gelle and it starts to dissolve. You can stir it with your hand to speed up the process a little bit. I used a mixture of mineral sea salts and dendritic salt to dissolve mine, but any kind of salt works, even table salt. So you can still soak even while it's dissolving. If it doesn't dissolve enough, just add more salt! :)

Hugs!

Kerri