LX-570 Brother Laminator

eugenia

Hey E, this looks to be the same concept as the Xyron's. (http://www.xyron.com/consumer.php?sess_id=f4c97ada69559e43d53444b11d9806da)You can get them in diff. config's (like laminate/adhesive or laminate/magnet or laminate/laminate, etc).

The Xyron's work well, but the price of the refills makes the cost per not very economical if you're looking at doing this in large qty's. Seems to me I had it figured to be about $0.30 ea just for this process.HTH.

I used the xyron which looks similar somewhat to the Brother laminator. At first it was ok, and great for customizing special sized labels, but the more I made, it got to be a pain to cut every single label out by hand. The adhesive also wasn't the greatest and wouldn't stick to the sides of tins.

I didn't use mine with the laminate top, but I imagine it would make the label all the more rigid and the adhesive would have trouble keeping it in tact. I'm just speaking from the xyron use though. A great concept if they could improve it.