Hunters' spray?

CandleFreak

Since I have found some FO's in scents like dirt, mac apple, etc.....hubby was wanting me to make him some of the spray to camoflage his smell for hunting. Are these sprays made the same as body mist or linen sprays for women? I'll have to go look at his older stuff to see if there is an ingredient list........

Would think you would want to cover the human scent, not make oneself smell like a doe. Your husband might not appreciate meeting a love struck buck on the way home from the deer stand. They have been know to hurt people. I know my husband is very careful with the doe scents and makes sure they don't get on him.

I not sure about the Bucklore...but my husband and I are both hunters and I have been making a push-up lotion bars with DIRT Fo for about three years now and that works great for us. We have hunted successfully with it. I never thought of doing a spray...mignt work well...think I will try it this year,

Thanks for the idea:D .

Mary Lou

It's just amazing to me what people will go through to do the things they want :D Smell like dirt, deer urine, etc. LOL

I'm too girly to even go camping-unless I'm in a fully rigged RV or we stay at the Hilton or something, camping, hunting any of that outdoorsy stuff is out for me. ;)

Not kockin' hunting or camping at all (I've done my fair share of both, first as the daughter of an avid hunter and then as a GS leader who took her troops camping twice a year evrey year for about 8 years.) but it's just funny to think about people actually buying a spray/lotion to smell like dirt or pee pee. LOL

Would think you would want to cover the human scent, not make oneself smell like a doe. Your husband might not appreciate meeting a love struck buck on the way home from the deer stand. They have been know to hurt people. I know my husband is very careful with the doe scents and makes sure they don't get on him.

Sherl...your right...when using the doe pee and such it's supposed to be used with "wicks" for those of you that do not know what those are, they are small pieces of absorbent cloth that can be strategically placed in the woods...that stuff is sooo strong hubby isn't allowed to bring it in the house...must stay in garage....and he usually leaves his boots out there too....

I was just wondering how to make the spray....with the cyclomethicone or what...I wasn't sure if the witch hazel would attract deer ...or repel them....they have such a powerful sense of smell...most of the companies currently selling these sprays have scents like green apple, dirt, acorn, humus....i guess i'll have to make a trip to wal-mart or the sporting goods store.....

No, but I will be darn if I am making anything that smells like deer urine LOL

MIchelle

I wouldn't either! LOL I ordered it once not realizing what it smelled like. The company called me to make sure I REALLY wanted this scent and explained to me what is smelled like and what you did with it. I'm glad I was warned so that I could change my selection. :P LOL Me and dh don't hunt - I prefer my meat straight from my grocers freezer, chalked full of steroids and whatever the hell else they put in it. LOL :laugh2: