feather palm wax

I still having so much trouble getting this wax out of the molds. I have tried putting them in the freezer, mold release spray, and tapping them on the counter. The only thing that was working great was using an air compressor to push them out. Then I had a pretty bad accident doing this so I would rather not do this. Are there any other ideas:confused: .

I also get big holes in the bottom of the pillar with this wax. Is this the nature of this wax or is there something to do about it?

Hello,

See If I can help ya out here. This is my favorite wax.

Questions for you: What kind of molds are you using? Metal or aluminum?

How much FO are you using per lb?

What temp are you pouring it at?

I use both types of molds and have never had 1 stick. And I made mega loads with this wax.

I also have never had holes. Are you poking relief holes?

And if I can't help you with some questions, Others will be along to help too.

I am using candlewic palm #3. I pour at about 180. I made one candle with 8% fo and the other bout 6%. Is this too high? I have aluminum molds and I don't preheat them.

I have poked release holes. I have even tried doing release holes then repour into them after the wax has had plenty of time to set up, and still end up with holes. This isn't that big of a deal to me because it is at the bottom only. I can live with the holes.

I really love the looks of this wax when it is done right. I hope I can make this work. (I ordered a very large amount) Which brand do you guys use?

Wicking has also been difficult. I am testing an LX 22 in a 3" right now and it is still too large of a flame. I don't care for RRDs in this wax. I think I may try some Eco wicks.

So hopefully someone can spot what I am doing wrong so I make this work. Thanks:smiley2:

I am using candlewic palm #3. I pour at about 180. I made one candle with 8% fo and the other bout 6%. Is this too high? I have aluminum molds and I don't preheat them.

I have poked release holes. I have even tried doing release holes then repour into them after the wax has had plenty of time to set up, and still end up with holes. This isn't that big of a deal to me because it is at the bottom only. I can live with the holes.

I really love the looks of this wax when it is done right. I hope I can make this work. (I ordered a very large amount) Which brand do you guys use?

Wicking has also been difficult. I am testing an LX 22 in a 3" right now and it is still too large of a flame. I don't care for RRDs in this wax. I think I may try some Eco wicks.

So hopefully someone can spot what I am doing wrong so I make this work. Thanks:smiley2:

180 deg. is to low for this wax. Try again and pour at 199 - 203 deg. This is manufacturers recommendations. Try pre-heating your molds also. I also use a Palm Stearic which works incredible for me. :)

HTH

at what percentage do you use the palm stearic? Do you only use this for mold release? I find the scent throw in this wax is really great, it seems better than soy, really. Is Palm Stearic just called veg. stearic acid?

Just curious, have you also tried Kemamide?

Ok, now I am curious, what is Kemamide? I haven't heard of that yet. Please fill me in.:smiley2:

I will try pouring hotter. And maybe add the stearic acid. I have heard many people talk about how effortless it is to get these out of their molds, I'm jealous:(

I typcially make them at night and try to get them out in the morning. Should I be waiting longer, maybe give them a day or so?

All the palm waxes (astorlite and candlewic) I have are the "older" ones I think (the last time I bought any was back in February) and I've not had any problems with release. (I let them sit overnight.)

I did post a test of the candlewic stuff here http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=veggiewax;action=display;num=1109546860;start= - it was the F (palm 3) wax, if you are interested.