tarts and such

I just have a few questions about clamshells, and tarts in general... I was wondering how much wax they hold (clamshells), and how do they compare to the tart molds? I recently bought some tart molds and began experimenting, then I seen the co-op and thought about buying some of them to try, but missed the date:( I've seen something like them 'Time and Again' I think? makes them but I wasn't sure if they were the same thing. Also I'm wondering how many would you break apart to melt down at one time. The same question goes for the individual candy mold pieces. Are they melted by ounces or just a personal preference? The tart dishes are not that deep and I would hate to give someone insructions for melting them dowm and then have the wax overflow:undecided thanks for any feedback:D

I just have a few questions about clamshells' date=' and tarts in general... I was wondering how much wax they hold (clamshells), and how do they compare to the tart molds? I recently bought some tart molds and began experimenting, then I seen the co-op and thought about buying some of them to try, but missed the date:( I've seen something like them 'Time and Again' I think? makes them but I wasn't sure if they were the same thing. Also I'm wondering how many would you break apart to melt down at one time. The same question goes for the individual candy mold pieces. Are they melted by ounces or just a personal preference? The tart dishes are not that deep and I would hate to give someone insructions for melting them dowm and then have the wax overflow:undecided thanks for any feedback:D[/quote']

If you've made the individual tarts and melted them yourself in a tart burner, that should give you a pretty good idea on how to reccommend. ;)

If you've made the individual tarts and melted them yourself in a tart burner, that should give you a pretty good idea on how to reccommend. ;)

How is it going to give her an idea if she never used them? She is asking a question, not waiting for an assumption. If she never saw a clamshell in her own two hands how could she know what the capacity was? I believe that was also a question posted in her thread.

Individual tarts vs. clamshells and candy molds are two totally different things. Given the variables with size and shapes, it would be hard to gauge.

Smores, it would greatly depend on the capacity of the tart burner. Each square is roughly 1/2 of a standard fluted tart. If you fill the clamshell completely full. The standard clamshell holds 3 oz. My suggestion to you is to tell the customer not to add more than 2 squares for safety purposes. Better safe than sorry.

How is it going to give her an idea if she never used them? She is asking a question, not waiting for an assumption. If she never saw a clamshell in her own two hands how could she know what the capacity was? I believe that was also a question posted in her thread.

Individual tarts vs. clamshells and candy molds are two totally different things. Given the variables with size and shapes, it would be hard to gauge.

No, I wasn't replying to everything she asked. I didn't know that was required :rolleyes2

I was replying to this part...

and tarts in general...

I recently bought some tart molds and began experimenting....

The same question goes for the individual candy mold pieces. Are they melted by ounces or just a personal preference? The tart dishes are not that deep and I would hate to give someone insructions for melting them dowm and then have the wax overflow:undecided thanks for any feedback

I would hope that she is going to try them out before giving them away.

No, I wasn't replying to everything she asked. I didn't know that was required :rolleyes2

I don't believe anyone has required any individual to answer every single question in every thread. I don't see that in the Terms of Service.

Since you can't sell or giveaway anything you don't already own~ it would be safe to draw the conclusion that this person was asking questions (we sometimes call that research) and gathering feedback for something she possible going to experiment with in the future.

Wow, I think I stumbled on the true purpose of this board... amazing. :tongue2:

Who needs quantum physics?

I don't believe anyone has required any individual to answer every single question in every thread. I don't see that in the Terms of Service.

Since you can't sell or giveaway anything you don't already own~ it would be safe to draw the conclusion that this person was asking questions (we sometimes call that research) and gathering feedback for something she possible going to experiment with in the future.

Wow, I think I stumbled on the true purpose of this board... amazing. :tongue2:

Who needs quantum physics?

Maybe I'm insane however, the statement "I recently bought some tart molds and began experimenting" would mean that she owns tart molds and is already experimenting.

Wow, I think I stumbled on why there are so many people who don't want to even try to help here anymore.... :undecided

Now... if you have a personal problem with me, please take it to PM. Bickering with my reply(which is my opinion) is not helping her learn anything except maybe how to be uncomfortable posting here. You may want to keep this going, but I don't. You may say anything you like (obviously), but I will no longer respond to it here.

Do I dare get in here lol

I like clamshells because you don't have to worry about molds and packaging cause you have it all in one. Break off a couple of pieces and close the shell up till next time.

I like tarts too cause you can sell a bunch of different scents for like a buck each.

For my personal use, I prefer clamshells.

Did that make sense? lol :D

Maybe I'm insane however, the statement "I recently bought some tart molds and began experimenting" would mean that she owns tart molds and is already experimenting.

Yes, I totally agree with that statement.

Wow, I think I stumbled on why there are so many people who don't want to even try to help here anymore.... :undecided

Hmm. I don't think its necessary to go there. We have gone there numerous times as a group and the thread always gets pulled because it gets personal. Helping each other is essential to the boards well being. I don't see anything helpful in your reply. However,this is just my opinion and the way I perceived it. I do believe that Freedom of Speech is welcome here to a degree.

Now... if you have a personal problem with me, please take it to PM. Bickering with my reply(which is my opinion) is not helping her learn anything except maybe how to be uncomfortable posting here. You may want to keep this going, but I don't. You may say anything you like (obviously), but I will no longer respond to it here.

I have no personal issue with you so there is no need for a PM. If you consider my replies bickering~ so be it. I have no intention of making others feel uncomfortable to post. Quite far from the contrary. I have been on CT for a LONG time and never had a issue with expressing myself in text. It is extremely difficult to detect tone and inflection on a message board. Hence this being said~ it would be almost mindboggling to actually perceive and absorb every post as the author would like it to be perceived. In a perfect world this would be ideal. However- this is the real world. Its going to occur from time to time on this message board as well as others. Perhaps it would be good judgement not to take things too personal.

I apologize Smores for posting irrevelant text within your thread.

Now on with our regular scheduled programming please. :)

I prefer clamshells because they are already packaged, all you do is label them and your set. I like how you can pop out a piece and close it up without the scent fading.

I am actually doing a co-op on this now so if you missed the last one and are still interested send me a PM :wink2:

I've used tarts from the clamshells (never made them yet, although I bought a bunch in the co-op ;) ) that others have made (thanks to the tart exchange and I can say that the ones I received (and there were a few different clamshells sent) I used 2 "cubes" in my tart burner.

I usually only use ONE actual tart shaped tart in my burners as they are bigger, but candy molds will be whole other ball of wax as they come in all shapes and sizes, some shallow, some deep etc.

Most important to note is that different tart burners have differnt sized "bowls" and will hold different amounts. Ask me how I know this. :eek: LOL

How can you tell your customers how many to use when you have NO idea what type of burner they have??? Unless you're selling them a burner that you've tried and KNOW how many it will hold?!

HTH

I personally like the clamshells better than the tart for the following reasons.

Clamshells are all in one. Pour them, allow them to set up, close and label, you're done with the product.

Tarts: set up molds, fill, wait for set, empty molds, wipe out and use again. Package and label tart.

SEEMS more work with tarts. At least it was for me.:undecided

In my area, both sold well but I personally made more money with clamshells because there was less time invested in making them. They are self contained and you don't add the cost of packaging, just labels.

Customers can mix and match scents in the same tart burner. One cube of Chocolate Brownie+one cube of Coconut= Coconut Squares or German ch. cake!

I also sold more clamshells than tarts. Tarts=$1.00 + tax

Clamshells= $3.00 each or 4 for $10.00. Most people took the special!:wink2:

HTH

Since I went to the clamshells I have sold more than I ever did with the fluted tarts. I recomend to my customers 2 suqares to a tart burner. I have a smaller one than most people so if I put 3 in its to much. People like to be able to mix and match scent. I sell for 3.00 and can't keep them in stock.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I'm the queen of tarts in my family, so I'm familar with them, its the clamshells and molded pieces I had the questions with really. However I do apprieciate everyone's advice. So ruffly about 2 chunks seems the norm? Are the clamshells filled completely up to the top of the container? And as for the molded pieces I know someone made Halloween one's, but I can't remember who(A broom and maybe corn:undecided? ) I just need a ruff estimate of how many one puts in a package to sell. I don't want to be cheap:grin2: I'm guessing that the norm for a burner will hold at leat 1.5 oz of wax, so do you just put a few in a baggy or measure them out? thanks