How precise are you?

oh yes ma'am I am skeered of them!!! Last time they just let me off with a warning ticket tho - It was for illegal use of letters that aren't in the alphabet - I am just lucky they didn't get me for TUI (Typing Under the Influence)

LMAO don't worry Mark I'll be right there beside you in typo heaven :grin2:

I kind of stopped weighing stuff a long time ago. I only weigh if I'm doing a test batch with 1 lb of wax. I fill my pots all the way up (4 lbs) and I've done it so long that I don't have to weigh anymore, I just know where to stop. I measure my FO's in a glass measuring cup (looks more like a shot glass and holds a little more than 1 oz). I use a tablespoon to put in my stearic and don't scrape the top so each tablespoon weighs differently (some are overfilled, some are underfilled, it evens out). I only measure my other additives (vybars, fisher trop, etc.) because I consider it vitally important to get that perfect.

They come out the same over and over, scent wise and look wise.

DanaE

You know, one of the best reasons for you to weigh your ingredients is that it's the only way for you to figure your true cost of making a candle. Wax, FO, etc are sold to us by weight not volume. I bet Yank-me knows to the penny what each candle costs them to make. If you just want to make candles, measuring volume may be fine, but if your in business you should always weigh.

Bruce

I thought I was doing the wrong thing measuring my FO by 2 TBSP= 1oz, so I tried and weighed it,,,I found I was just about right on the mark,,,and I agree with Top that we chandlers are free to use what methods we choose. I also agree with Bruce in having to weigh to get the cost of how much a candle costs,,,I am so glad we have these discussions!!!! YOU ALL ARE GREAT!!!!!:grin2: