wax dipped washcloths?

soapari

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used some raffia to tie around it and put on some silk flowers. I think scrapbooking things would work well. I know the lady that told me the idea was selling many, many of them. I put mine in my closet and they smelled up the area nicely.

But for those that don't want to dip and decorate I have a mold.:yay:

http://www.creativegemsmolds.com/store/view_product.php?product=TOWKUYHT34

Janet

We could not get anyone interested in our dipped bears....and even I, who am not impressed with the whole idea, thought they were kind of cute....doubt I could get anyone to buy a roll of tp from me......:D I guess I need to work on my "salesmenship"!!

I'd probably never use them but I know there is a huge population of ladies who like thier bathrooms just so. Once someone figured out these babies were wax... well obviously they don't get used and the ladies don't have to keep washing (thus fading and aging their best linens) My mom has burgundy wash clothes rolled up to match her guest Bath room, she won't tell you this ahead of time, but she hates it when people actually use them, lol, cuz then she has to redo them- and they do fade. My initial reaction to this post was as others have mentioned... the dust. But that would only really be on white or pastel colors that it would show soonest right? Just remember to use the blowdryer on COOL, lol.

How in the world are you drying them...towels or TP without them getting pool of wax, or a flat spot, or ridges...Please, explain!

I've done the bears...but I won't anymore...I think the dipped tp is hilarious.

Hold the phone...what's the best wax for this purpose? Hmmmm, off to my garage

Oh geeez don't mention those!!!! Someone pulled them up from either ebay or someplace else on TSR one time and the girl who's item it was did a mental flip out on the board...Saying they were patended....she was a real head case I tell ya...

I think soap dipped wash cloths would be a better idea...

JMO

;)

Kim

Ok, who went and made the waxed dipped TP?? I gotta see a pic. of this please, I just can't get my brain around why anyone would want a waxed dipped roll of TP sitting on their counter????? eek7.gif

And dontcha just KNOW someone is gonna look at one and ask where the wick is--or better yet, how do they burn it???icon_eek.gif LOL

Ok, who went and made the waxed dipped TP?? I gotta see a pic. of this please, I just can't get my brain around why anyone would want a waxed dipped roll of TP sitting on their counter????? eek7.gif

And dontcha just KNOW someone is gonna look at one and ask where the wick is--or better yet, how do they burn it???icon_eek.gif LOL

Dipped TP is just a new and fun way for a room freshner in the bathroom.

Okay I made a wax dipped TP and it turned out not bad for a first attempt. My pot wasn't big enough for it to fit in so I had to turn it upside down and I didn't get a real smooth finish because of this. But it smells sooo good and looks so cute with my crescent moons on it. What I would like to know is for those of you who have dipped them what did you use to dip them in? I'm thinking it would need to be the just big enough for the tp to fit in to keep from having to turn it around and over and such.