wax dipped washcloths?

soapari

a question of sorts here....I was at a festival to take the kids on some rides and a vendor tent was packed with people. Inside were mini bears and other wax dipped critters but what was flying off the table were these wax dipped washclothes and handtowels. They were rolled up tight like a tootsie roll and covered with wax. Do you think they will last as long as a bear of the same size and scent? I just kept thinking that the stuffing in a bear might "hold" the scent more than terrycloth. My friend purchased one and says it is scenting her bathroom but not giving the throw that a bear she bought in the summer still is. Anyway, I was thinking of purchasing a few for gifts for the hard to buy for people who are not into the waxidermy look and wanted to run the question of scent lasting out to some experts.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait til you see the wax dipper toilet paper...:rolleyes2

personally, i don't like the idea of the towels and washclothes...all the dust from the bath towels and toilet paper, and hair would collect on them...at least that's what i would guess,lol...knowing my kids; they would wipe toothpaste on them...

LOL Laura!!

I can't see it lasting as long as the bears either. I can't see having it in my bathroom either. I would think the humidity in the bathroom wouldn't be friendly to the wax dipped towels. I understand that it gives something other than a bear or critter to do scent covering.

And yeah, dipped toliet paper is famous.

carol K they are rolled up tight then dipped so they stay in that rolled up form. I was concerned about the dust issue too, maybe they can be dusted or vacuumed when the area is cleaned? I have to see wax dipped toilet paper LOL, anyone have a link?

Thank you for the input on the washcloths

wax dipped washcloths and towels... interesting idea. If they are completely soaked when they are dipped they should scent as well as a small bear I would think. The care would be the same as and dipped critter. I would just blow it off with a cool hairdryer when it gets dusty. I have a few reservations about dipped toilet paper though lol

hey i dipped a roll of toilet paper, and it didn't fall apart. took it to the store that sells my candles & incense and the manager bought 6 rolls @ $5.00 each she will mark them up and resell them. thank you for the idea. now i have to print up a warning label how does this sound. this product is an air freshner not for personal use, keep away from children & pets. do not sit in a hot car or close to other heat sources.

ok not sure if i did that right, my friend sent me a pic, i joined shutterfly and uploaded it then posted the pic link in my post. This is how they look but they had a ribbon on and were in a clear plastic bag. There were also some that were standing up and fused together with wax...3 at a time like you would find in a basket.