Wsp Fo

topofmurrayhill

The thread about the wax sale encouraged me to take another glance at Wholesale Supplies Plus. At this point I'm searching for certain types of fragrances for a candle line, and the Le Couvent des Minimes FOs caught my eye. Wondering if anyone has sampled those, or tried WSP FOs in general.

I got the black rasberry vanilla, orchid and some other that I can't remember. They smelled decent OOB. But, I don't like the way they do things with the FO. I won't buy 2 oz just to test and the sniffie sample is laughable it all gets inhaled, there isn't enough to try in wax. :angry2: So I don't bother with FO from them. I do however get my wax and some other stuff there. Sorry I could not be more helpful

The thread about the wax sale encouraged me to take another glance at Wholesale Supplies Plus. At this point I'm searching for certain types of fragrances for a candle line, and the Le Couvent des Minimes FOs caught my eye. Wondering if anyone has sampled those, or tried WSP FOs in general.

WSP does have some good scents, not all~ but some. :wink2:

The Convent of the Tiny ones does sound intriguing. Love to know what kind of name you would be giving it if you were renaming the scent.

Avez-vous une base de client francaise? Ou êtes-vous simplement inquistive au sujet du parfum?

Uhhh.. someone here failed French class so I won't even touch that. LOL.

I ordered a slew of fragrances from them when I first started out and still carry a few FOs from them. Sage & Citrus is a great one - VERY strong. White Tea & Ginger is good (not a personal fav of mine, but it must be my nose)... can't think of any more off the bat, but I have been pretty happy with what I got!!

WSP does have some good scents, not all~ but some. :wink2:

The Convent of the Tiny ones does sound intriguing. Love to know what kind of name you would be giving it if you were renaming the scent.

Avez-vous une base de client francaise? Ou êtes-vous simplement inquistive au sujet du parfum?

It's not about French customers, but I'm working on a mottle line for which I need scents that are compatible with kind of an upscale and "classic" marketing angle. It's not even that I'm terribly interested in dupes, but today I selected the first official scent and it's a variation of something in the Diptyque line. It's so stupendously perfect for what I'm doing that perhaps I was in a French perfumery frame of mind when I spotted that stuff on WSP. Those are apparently interpretations of a French B&B line that started at that convent where the sisters became botanicals experts.

top, I would LOVE to find dupes of the Diptyque line! I have done some searches and all I have found are the:

http://www.sweetcakes.com/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=6a5b11d9f023419295a130a60bcd08e6&keywords=Diptyque&x=5&y=10

I have not tried these because they are not the ones I would like to try and create. I LOVE the Feu de Bois and several others. If you run across any places that have caught on to these, please let me know.

Thanks,

Michael

I have been using their scents for 2 years. They have gone up a lot and their shipping is ridiculous. They do have great scents, but I think they have priced themselves out of the market. I don't need 2 lbs for over $20/#. Anybody know what they are doing???
I don't know about these FOs in particular, but that could just be the normal price for the grades of fragrance they offer. It's not necessarily that they're pricing themselves out of the market, but simply pricing themselves into a certain segment of the market. There are even suppliers that routinely charge $25-$40/lb for FO.

When you deal with the manufacturer you can get formulations and concentrations at any price point you like. The suppliers who sell to us have generally standardized on offering $15/lb stuff, but some suppliers also make more concentrated or optimally formulated stuff available at a higher price. Some even specialize in it.

It's not about French customers, but I'm working on a mottle line for which I need scents that are compatible with kind of an upscale and "classic" marketing angle. It's not even that I'm terribly interested in dupes, but today I selected the first official scent and it's a variation of something in the Diptyque line. It's so stupendously perfect for what I'm doing that perhaps I was in a French perfumery frame of mind when I spotted that stuff on WSP. Those are apparently interpretations of a French B&B line that started at that convent where the sisters became botanicals experts.

Sounds fantastique! :cheesy2:

Great marketing concept. It would be great to see your line once its in place.

I'll be checking the gallery.

I've only tried one dupe from the Le Couvent line, and it's Honey & Shea. I love that scent and buy the body wash and sugar scrub all the time. It's very close. I made a couple of candles, let them sit a week and then sniffed the shower gel and candle at the same time. They have the same background and top notes.

I have only 5 or 6 WSP oils that I carry all the time, but I've found that most of the ones I buy are fantastic and very strong. You can't go wrong with the Mango Papaya, Lick Me All Over, Caramel Apple, Fresh Cut Roses....there are a few more but they don't come to mind at the moment.

I hate the shipping charges and I'm pretty close to them. I try to keep my orders down to a minimum and I don't buy wax from them anymore (the ones they have on sale aren't the ones I use everyday so I didn't buy any).

I used to use them all the time because they have such a wide variety of .....well....everything. Now I get mostly my wicks (low smoke zinc), a few oils and a few packing supplies and that's it.

DanaE

Thanks Dana. Do you feel it's as "appropriate" a candle scent as it is a B&B scent? I've occasionally tried fragrances where I thought, yeah this smells good and throws well and seems like the candle belongs in my shower LOL.

I've had that thought often myself :). I have a scent called Brown Sugar that would be to die for in body items, but in a candle it smells like burnt Brown Sugar :)

And yeah, I think it makes an excellent Spring scent for candles. When I sniffed it I my first thought was it had a background of floral. Then I felt like I'd walked by a blooming honeysuckle bush. THEN I thought "oh no, it's not the same scent as the shower gel." So I ran upstairs and got it, and sure enough, the background notes in the shower gel are the same. I'd never noticed it before; I only noticed the honey scent.

I made these particularly for my sister, who loves the shower gel too. I don't know that it's ever a scent I'd carry permanently, but it's definitely interesting and unique.

DanaE

I started ordering from WSP when I first started out..I didnt know about the thousands of other places out there...

for the most part i have been quite satisfied with their scents, their BAKED BREAD is still my all time fav candle scent and biggest seller. I hate that they don't have small smaller samples.. but then again.. i like having a 2 oz size for a special request scented candle or soap.. that I dont have to buy 16 0z to make! they used to give great discounts on shipping and stuff, and have cut it out in the last year... they were giving a 2% discount on your total order or a certain $ off of shipping..I wish they still did it...

Finally.. they changed their liquid candle color bottles.. they ones they had with flip tops leaked no matter what you did... now they have a eyedropper bottle that doesnt leak HOORAY!!

I carry a lot from WSP....and they are all the $13.95 budget ones. My favs are Lilacs in Bloom, Sage and Citrus, Berries and Cream, Vanilla Buttercream and Chocolate Drizzle. I also have Cinnamon buns, maple pecan and bubblegum which I haven't tried yet. Oh, and their Relaxation is to DIE for....I bought this one off the classifieds and I have an open glass jar in my bedroom that smells up the whole room when I use it...it is amazing! Great fragrance (bit on the high end pricewise, but not too bad considering how darn strong it is). I love their stuff and I too wish I was closer so I didn't have to pay for shipping from them. I also get my tins there -- can't beat the price for 6 oz. tins....and everything I've ever bought has been excellent from them.

Thanks Dana. Do you feel it's as "appropriate" a candle scent as it is a B&B scent? I've occasionally tried fragrances where I thought, yeah this smells good and throws well and seems like the candle belongs in my shower LOL.

LOL cute :)

I have their Pink Sugar, Very Sexy for Him, Strawberry Jam, Eucalyptus and Spearmint. They all do very well-- The Pink Sugar does exceptionally well in soy, although I think it could do better in terms of its key notes. But still a good scent :) Very Sexy for Him is....alluring to say the least. A great FO. Strawberry Jam is great as well; the Eucalyptus Spearmint did great in my 1945, but my testers said that in soy it wasn't that strong. I have their Lilacs in Bloom too-- did great in 1945, but haven't tried it in soy.

HTH

And I want a cut in the new "Shower Candle" product LOL!

well i have tried a few of their fo's all the ones that i have recieved are strong. the kids love the tommy girl FO they make their own body spray. I have grandparents whom live in ohio so when i go up there i have to pick up an order. they have alot of diffrent frag that we cant get in canada. got this one FO for my mail lady i made her some candles she love xmas tree so i got xmas wreath now that smelt good and their clove scent was really strong too people bought the oils for xmas time. i got the 2&4oz bottles they dont go by weight they go by volume, only thing is hard is the giant lid its not like peaks they have a wide mouth

i like how at peaks you can order the spouts and tada your good to go

I have been using their scents for 2 years. They have gone up a lot and their shipping is ridiculous. They do have great scents, but I think they have priced themselves out of the market. I don't need 2 lbs for over $20/#. Anybody know what they are doing???

I do not think that is high priced. My main supplier sells 1# for around $20-$25. If you invest in the good FO than you use far less, the scents are normally tested and reported in certain applications, and the scent lasts the use of the bar. I have always believed that you get what you pay for.