Candle warmers at Michael's

Last time someone announced that the candle warmers were on sale they were not on sale here. Then a week later the ad ran. It also seems like it was also in reverse one time. So hang in there Georgia, maybe they will show up in our advertisements next week. :)

Just a warning on these candle warmers (they should be recalled). I bought around 10 last year when I first started and sold two (which neither have had a problem w/ knock on wood.) I used two of them and the hotter they got the middle popped apart (if you look on the side they are attached, maybe glued in the middle). I thought the first one was knocked off my nite stand, but the second one was on a counter (I used it to heat the left over wax in container jars so I could dump the remains and put the wick out easier as the heat loosens the wick sticker). That's when I noticed the the seam had popped open and I know it wasn't to begin w/. I looked at the others and some were already apart and others weren't so I returned the rest. I recently found another one that I hadn't opened and returned it to Micheals and the cashier said one lady returned it saying it had caught on fire!! Just want to let you know my experience so if you do use them you know what to look for. :smiley2:

Just a warning on these candle warmers (they should be recalled). I bought around 10 last year when I first started and sold two (which neither have had a problem w/ knock on wood.) I used two of them and the hotter they got the middle popped apart (if you look on the side they are attached, maybe glued in the middle).

Hi maryann, do you remember which brand you bought? Was it the 17 watt CozyUp Warmer (or whatever Provocraft calls them now)?

TIA,

Donna

Hi maryann, do you remember which brand you bought? Was it the 17 watt CozyUp Warmer (or whatever Provocraft calls them now)?

TIA,

Donna

I can't remember as I did do the return probably a month ago. I'll have to look the next time I'm at Micheal's. I'm GLAD no one else has had problems must just be something I'm doing wrong. I order from Levines now and have great luck w/ their products.

All that matters is that we are all happy w/ what we're using and feel confident enough to sell them to others w/out worries :wink2: (just sharing my experience.)

Darla, any heat resistant container can be set on a candle warmer. I use a 4 oz tin. Generally the wider the opening the better the scent throw.

Thanks, thats good to know.....I've got a zillion jars/tins I'd love to use! Unfortunately....my Michael's doesn't have the candle warmers on sale (they are in the ad, but at 4.99).....so now I wait! lol

I have a Cozy Up on my desk at work. I'm not allowed to have a candle, so I test all my wickless at work! It has been going 9 hours a day, 5 days a week for 6 months - no problems. I sell a lot at my daughter's school - dorms can't have candles, either. No problems with any of them.

Perhaps you just got some that slid past quality control?

I'll be watching the ad next week...