Pina Colada ?

sharyl55

This is my 2nd attempt at a pina colada. Trying a 62z wick this time. My question is how do you get the pile of swirled ge / wax on top. I used 75% MD gel and 25% 6228 this time and whipped with a whisk until it was so thick it wouldn't whip any more. It was piled up when I spooned it into the glass but went flat as it set up. I'm at my wits end with these drink candles.

post-195-139458379144_thumb.jpg

I'm not real sure why you are set on doing a swirl. If you google for pina colada pictures 99% do not have the swirl. But if you want a swirl make most of the candle like you just did then for the topping up the paraffin to at least 50% to 75% it will hold it shape better.

I personaly go for the crushed ice look on the top of mine.

Thanks Vicky. I may give up on the swirl. Thought it would be a neat effect. I used the crushed ice on top of my tequila sunrise. So far not getting a very good melt pool with the 62z wick. Not sure where to go from there. It may look better on later burns.

I know what you mean! I was trying to make a milk shake candle and when I would put the whip cream on, it would stand up in a cone shape at first but then slowly flatten down...i tried 3 times and then got frustrated and decided I'd had enough. Not sure how to make it stand up, but if you find out, I'd like to know also!

what percentage of wax and gel are you using? when i do "whip cream" that i plop, i do (maybe) 2/3 wax and 1/3 gel and whip and plop when it is the consistency of mashed potatoes.

if it is omething that i absolutely want to stand as a shape, i sue a mold and pure wax and put it in the gel just before the gel is completely solid so that it sinks a tad and stays.........

cheryl