Those that use J223 your opinoin needed

Hi all!!! Hope everyone is having a GREAT holiday,,,Okay,,,what wicks are good for this wax???:confused: I was going to use for a wide mouth pint jar the 60zincs, but I read on the website that they recommend using paper core or cotton core,,,Can I have some opinoins please,,,Thanks so much:cheesy2:

I am in the process of switching over to LX wicks myself.....I just got soooooooo tired of all the mushrooming and having to constantly blow out the candle to trim during tests or long burns (especially when I know most consumers aren't doing it!)

So far the LXs have been fabulous to work with...can sometimes get an off center burn (from the wick curling to one side) but quickly catches up

So far wick testing has gone pretty quickly! Within a week I've found the "base" size of each container I use....now I am testing each FO with that size or +/- a size I figure I'll be switched over in time for my October/November shows

I'm sorry but I just have to ask. Are XL (extra large) and Zinc referring to the same thing. I am asking because aren't there XL zinc wicks avail? I'm fiarly new at this.

Hi Scentologist,

They are actually referring to LX wicks. It's just another type of wick. Unfotunately I am not familiar with LX wicks, but just got some samples recently. I hope to start testing soon. (Yay!)

Zinc wicks are a completely different type of wicks. Their sizes corespond with a series of numbers. Ex: (60-44-18 z), (51-32-18 z), (44-28-18 z)...etc Because they correspond with specific numbers, Extra Large is hard to peg. We refer to (60-44-18z) as Extra Large Zinc core in our Raw wicking. However, I have seen Zinc wicks with larger numbers at another supplier.

I hope this helps to clear up some confusion.

Happy Candle Making!

Jessi

AAA Candle Supply, Inc

I have been using HTP and have just started testing a few RRD and one LX. I think the RRD and LX are comperable and both are better than HTP. I gave up on zinc awhile ago. I just couldn't deal with the mushroom.
I have ordered my zinc from all over the place... some mushroom, some dont... took awhile to find the ones that don't.