2" palm pillars

I was wondering if anyone makes 2" feathering wax palm pillars. I am struggling to get the wicks right. Some have a weak flame, others overflow after about 1 1/2 hours. I have one that starts out weak but after it burns for a while it gets better. This one doesn't overflow, but I don't like how wimpy it starts out. I have found Lx 16 is too small, Lx 18 is too big. RRD 40 is too big and RRD 34 is too small. I did find an RRD 37 I am going to try.

I was just wondering if anyone has figure out the secret to wicking 2" pillars. I started out using soy wax but found the palm was harder and burned slower. I have visited candle stores that have informed me their 2" pillars can only burn for a short time. This has me wondering if it is even possible to have a longer burning one.

Several of us here have done extensive testing on wicking those nasty little 2" pillars without success. I finally gave up on it due to extreme frustration because like you said, either the flame was too wimpy or you get a blowout. I think EB Candles (Carmen) did find a wick for them but I can't remember which one it was and it didn't work for me. Good Luck!

I agree with SheilaW! Using the natural pillars waxes, palm waxes, etc. for a 2" pillar will drive anyone insane. I tried testing the 2" for awhile, but finally gave up. If you definately want to make a 2" pillar, I would find a good paraffin wax, or try some 100% white beeswax for a natural 2" pillar. FYI, the beeswax can get kind of pricey. HTH

I didn't think to try Beeswax. I may give this a shot. As for the pariffin, the candle store I went into to ask what they do uses parrafin. I bought one just to see how theirs burns but I think the palm wax is the best so far. I have gotten them to burn up to 3 hours without overflowing. I guess I am just confused on how other people would be buring them. Most candles in general tell people not to burn longer than 3 or 4 hours, right? So when I am testing them what should be the amount of time to test them to say if they work or not? Anyone have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...