I need a new printer.

I am in desperate need of a new printer.

I remember a discussion a while back about what type of printers work well, waterproof, etc... however, I don't remember which one it was. There was one that several people spoke well of. I want to say that it was Cannon but not really sure. Can anyone help me out here. Please? TIA, Judy :)

I had to replace my printer last week, (when the moving company had my stuff) and decided to get an all-in-one. Went with the HP7210 and so far I love it. It's nice and quiet, I've printed about 250 pages with images so far and they've all been great.

Got it at Staples for about 300, but it saves so much room not having to have the printer, scanner and fax, (and it does color copies).

HTH,

Sara

If you are going for an inkjet printer, then I would suggest an Epson that uses Durabrite inks. The Durabrite inks are smudge and water resistant. There are several models available - I have the Stylus C66 and love it. It is usually around $70 or so. The Stylus C86 is the next model up, I believe, and usually runs around $100 or so.

I have the HP 4 in one as well and just love, love, love it. I'm not certain of the post you're talking about but you could go to one of the sites that sale printers..ie Staples, Best Buy and compare what they have to offer. I purchased mine at Sam's cause it was cheaper.

My friend worked as a canon rep at a store, and he swears by the Canon 760 all-in-one. The problem w/ most printers are that the cartridges are so darn expensive -- for this one, you can get the cartridges for $9.99 each. Yes, they are per color, but they last for a LONG time, and less waste that way. My boyfriend got this printer and I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo jealous. I'm an epson girl at heart (I LOVE anything epson), but this printer is gorgeous and works awesome. It prints on BOTH sides of the paper w/o you having to flip it, it scans/prints, and even has a slot for a camera card....and it can print out an index file of your prints. Then, you can fill in boxes next to the photos you want to print (think of a multiple choice test), stick it in the scanner and it only prints the ones you wanted! It is very cool. Look for good prices at Compusa, circuitcity etc. for when it goes on sale. HTH

We have a Oki C5150, laser color printer, from CompUSA earlier this year with our tax return. I like the fact that it prints very fast and I don't have to keep readjusting the labels. We still have out Lexmark Z45 for backup, but haven't had to use it yet.

Kim

Ok, now I'm thinking it was the Epsom with durabrite ink. I remember that it was supposed to be waterproof ink to use with the high gloss labels. I hate having to buy another printer. Mine isn't really very old - under a year I think. Thanks everyone for the help. Judy

I have a canon multipass370 all in one and love it. It was around $250 and was clearanced out for$99. They couldn't find the box and disc for it so they took another 15% off, and when I got to the register it had a $50 rebate so I paid about $40 for it

Ok, now I'm thinking it was the Epsom with durabrite ink. I remember that it was supposed to be waterproof ink to use with the high gloss labels. I hate having to buy another printer. Mine isn't really very old - under a year I think. Thanks everyone for the help. Judy

If you have a costco, bj's, sams club, I would check those places first because they do have these printers ALOT cheaper than the usual places.

I just bought the Epson printer with the durabrite ink.

Ashlie K, I wish I had time to wait and go to Sam's Club but I have to print labels to get a candle order out this week before I go on vacation. I love to shop at Sam's Club.

Pamperme - I HATE :mad: Lexmark too!!! That's the one that I just bought and it crapped out in just a few months.

Thanks to all for the info. Helps to hear what is working well for others.

I would not buy HP if I were you. Sure they are great and work fine when they are new, but I have NEVER had one that lasted past the warranty. I have had 3 in a row, and each one broke some ir-replaceable part right after the 1 year mark. They wanted me to send it to them to fix the problems. I think not. I would suggest an Epson, or a Canon. I am looking for a new 4-in-1 laser printer myself.

I would not buy HP if I were you. Sure they are great and work fine when they are new, but I have NEVER had one that lasted past the warranty. I have had 3 in a row, and each one broke some ir-replaceable part right after the 1 year mark. They wanted me to send it to them to fix the problems. I think not. I would suggest an Epson, or a Canon. I am looking for a new 4-in-1 laser printer myself.

I have been using HP printers for years and never had a problems with them..My last one I used for about 3-4yrs and I wanted one that prints photo's so I gave my old one to my mom and I have been using this last one for 2yrs now with no problems... And I do A LOT of printing...

Jeanna

I got a Dell color laser printer for Christmas and cannot live without it! I was using an all in one ink jet from dell but when you but my ink jet labels beside the laser ones....you can't believe the difference! If you can afford it...go laser. I print TONS of stuff, and have had my printer since Xmas 04 and the ink has just now dropped right below being full!