Poor Rockin

Scented

Rockin did a show yesterday by himself since I had to work most of the morning. He loves the new tent, did OK in sales at 3 1/2 times the booth fee, but it got hotter than expected and he got overheated. Several women came to his aid though, as did the EMTs. (Send Rockin' lots of hugs, cuz I know he was embarrassed by it, but he has recovered.)

However, was just going to stress, if you're doing shows, remember to bring water and/or Gatorade and food (especially if going it alone.)

Sorry to hear about that.

Yes you should drink more water and eat small snacks in this heat.

My dad has to work out in this heat 8-12 hours a day.

Since I use to be a nurse Pedialite, found in the baby section, has more electrolytes than Gatorade so it works better in these conditions.

Hope he's better soon.

Candle Man

Oh you all are sweet! He'll get some TLC soon. He was in much better form for today's show (actually loaded a cooler with drinks <not spiked lol>) and he was snacking throughout the day, mostly on homemade ice cream lol! Man I love the new tent! We've got more space (space I gotta figure out how to fill!)

Good to know that Candle Man (now how to mask something like that so he'd drink it ;) )

As for neck collars, those would be a lifesaver I'm sure! I don't sew, but have been keeping an eye out for them :)

I don't have a sewing machine here at the cottage. I found a local lady that sews. I cut out the fabric, mark where the seams go, and measure the polymer granules into baggies. She is going to do the sewing, ironing and filling them up with the granules for me. She is working on 2 1/2 doz for me this week. That way I didn't have to buy a new iron or find my ironing board. LOL Ruined the iron on candles and haven't dug out the ironing board for yrs. Know it is in the back of the closet someplace.

Oh you all are sweet! He'll get some TLC soon. He was in much better form for today's show (actually loaded a cooler with drinks <not spiked lol>) and he was snacking throughout the day, mostly on homemade ice cream lol! Man I love the new tent! We've got more space (space I gotta figure out how to fill!)

Good to know that Candle Man (now how to mask something like that so he'd drink it ;) )

As for neck collars, those would be a lifesaver I'm sure! I don't sew, but have been keeping an eye out for them :)

Yeah...I had my girl with me today. Yes maam and No maam... boy has she got me trained. If you believe that.. you will believe anything and everything. :wink2:

Saturday was a very hot and humid day. 3 hours of sleep and lack of nutrients did me in...I broke every cardinal rule that I swore I would not break. I wish I could hired the guys and gals that helped me load my vehicle. Was loaded and out of there in fifteen minutes after the 1 hr delay of game on tearing down.

Today was quite nice having the tent on the south side of the street in the shade. Temp got close to 92 but since we were in the shade it felt closer to 82.

Eeee gads your getting some wicked heat in the Land of Oz. :shocked2:

Its like 59 here now at night. I personally love the heat, but not when it makes you sick like that. You need to take better care of yourself, hon.

There are only so many hours in a day!

Glad to hear you two are enjoying the new tent. You need to post some pics!

On the training... oh paaaaaaalease! That could never happen... LMAO!! :D

Yeah...I had my girl with me today. Yes maam and No maam... boy has she got me trained. If you believe that.. you will believe anything and everything. :wink2:

Saturday was a very hot and humid day. 3 hours of sleep and lack of nutrients did me in...I broke every cardinal rule that I swore I would not break. I wish I could hired the guys and gals that helped me load my vehicle. Was loaded and out of there in fifteen minutes after the 1 hr delay of game on tearing down.

Today was quite nice having the tent on the south side of the street in the shade. Temp got close to 92 but since we were in the shade it felt closer to 82.

Oh yeah while I am thinking about this...It was quite interesting when we found out that the 2 booths on our right were also candle booths. Go figure... we had 3 candle booths in a row and another around the corner. Great planning on the organizational skills of the group that put this on.

I just love it when people come up to booth and say they can smell the candles a half a city block away. I just say Thank-you and tell them to come on in cause they might find something that they like.

Thanks for the TLC ladies. I do love everybody's ideas, however, I prefer to have Miss Julie be my cabana girl. :rolleyes2

Rockins

I hate it when the candles are all in a row. UGH

That happened to us twice last year at marion and Topeka apple festival(but it was more like 7 candle booths in a row UGH)

We are doing Marion again, but I mentioned the bad organization..I will probably be in a swamp now lol

I hate it when the candles are all in a row. UGH

That happened to us twice last year at marion and Topeka apple festival(but it was more like 7 candle booths in a row UGH)

We are doing Marion again, but I mentioned the bad organization..I will probably be in a swamp now lol

Don't hex yourself lol! The gals we were next to will be in the Little Apple for Buttons and Bows. They're pretty nice ladies, who had done candles as a fund-raiser to send the daughter to China. They're only doing two shows, so perhaps you'll see them.