Air bubbles in Candles

Ok, i know they're best to be avoided, but what is the real harm of air bubbles in candles? I'm still a kinda newbie and to be honest i've not tried very hard to get rid of air bubbles in my candles (pillars using standard paraffin). I know air bubbles on the egde of the candle can make it not look as nice, but whenever i've come to burn them, even with quite air pockets, they've always burned fine. The air bubbles just float to the top of the melt pool and make it look kinda pretty.

Anyway am i missing summit hear? Are air bubbles really that bad for your candles?

Thanks

Well IMO it's the sign of a flawed candle or one that the candlemaker didn't want to take the time to make well (this coming from another candlemaker). Air bubbles could just be the precursor to a huge air pocket underneath, which will throw the burning of your candle off. You get air bubbles though on the surface of rustics. That's what helps to make up the tiny, funky lines.

I can't substantiate it except that a lot of air around the wick tends to cause the wick to burn faster (in my tests) than wick not surround by air bubbles.

I've never gotten very big air bubbles, just little ones really. Even when i am careful, pour the wax at the right temp (about 80 c w straight paraffin) am very careful when i pour it and tap the sides of the mould after pouring and poke, i still get air bubbles!

Oh well, they do always burn fine!

I had a dealing with a bubble once before I knew of the danger and pain in the tush that they cause. I noticed a hole in the top of one of my candles and didn't think much of it...because I didn't know better. Well when I lit the candle...the wick burned so quickly that when it hit some wax to slow it down, it had tunneled so far down that the wax pool put out the flame. It was impossible to burn that candle. I had to scrap out about one oz of wax, just to get the darn thing to light right.

I learned from that experience and now pay very very close attention to any and all bubbles and get rid of them as soon as I can. Nasty little burgers and this was in a container by the way. Not sure as to how the pillars would work.

Like posted before I have heard of the exploding candle as well. Never seen it happen and hope to never witness it. :D