Guess Who's Trying to Make a Comeback??

I know guys, before anything is said, it's been WAY TOO LONG. Lots of HUGE changes have taken place since I was here last, I'll attempt to keep it short, sweet and to the point.

Bottom line is, I quit my job at BNSF and moved back to my mountains. Something about the Ozarks just does that to a person but yeah, I packed up my belongings (cats included) and moved in May. It was time for a major change and the house that I grew up in is in need of some TLC. Also kidnapped my best friend in the process, (two cats and a dog included), but that's another story.

Aside from doing house updating, re-modeling and re-decorating, I'm getting geared up to start my candle making again, I miss it too much to wait too long for it. I know we have candle makers in Southern Missouri, I'm interested in getting in contact with anyone that's down here with me to get up and running again. I'm staying with Peaks for 90% of my supplies, but I'm hoping to find places closer, so any information would be appreciated. There's a lot I can find online, but I also know word-of-mouth is an excellent tool here and I'd like to utilize it as much as possible. I'm aware that IGI has a distribution center in Springfield, what used to be a three hour drive is now an hour :D , but anything and everything is appreciated. PM me, please!

Anybody that has sent me a PM in the last few months, I've still got them and I WILL reply, just give me some time to get this aspect of my life settled.

I'll be sending out another post later this evening, I've got to completely rebuild my candle space again and since everyone was awesome the last time I did it, I'm hoping for some more insight and ideas!! I've got an entire garage (20 ft x 18 ft, rough estimate) that I want to convert eventually. There's some rough work before that, but I've got an even bigger kitchen to work in than before (at least twice the size of my last candle space, if not more), so there's two possibilities for candle space.

I've missed you guys more than you'll know.

CK

It was funny earlier when I signed on, I actually forgot my password :laugh2:

BRE, I'VE MISSED YOU TOO HONEY, GOT TO GET TOGETHER IN PM'S SOON!!

Candleman, as always, you totally rock, thanks for the links. My other computer went to :tongue2: shortly after I got down here, so I lost every last link I had. A doll always, big hugs and kisses for you!

Rsvlbrat, won't be for a little bit longer before I start getting wax and getting my candles going again, at least another month, three weeks is the soonest I can start, but I promise, the second the wax is delivered, I'll start posting again.

Been missing my marbles, went to a local fair today to check out possible competition for next years fair (already talked to the fair committee, I'll be having a booth next year ready to go for me) and believe it or not, the only place that caught my eye were the gel candles, the gal there really knows what she's doing, great scents, gorgeous colors, but everyone else didn't have anything that I would consider buying, one gal's candles had that over-additive smell, no fragrance, another had TOO much fragrance (every candle was sweating the oil out) and another's prices were just too outrageous for the small pillars she did. Not saying it'll be a breeze around here, but it'll be fun nonetheless and I really started getting that 'oh my god, I need my wax' thing and chewed off what little nails I had.

Now as soon as I can get my mom cat off my lap (and the lightning I see in the distance doesn't thrill me either), I'll go take pictures of my potential work space in the garage and post it, would kill to have some ideas from everyone!

Good to be home, good to be home here and great to see everyone still hanging out! Best welcome back I've ever gotten, thanks everyone!

Hi my darling little neice....I am back too. I just got my computer shipped from Virginia today to Tahoe City Califonria and will be back in business next week. I love you and have missed your wonderful inspiration. Top is here I see....and we need to have some fun again sharing our candlemaking stories. I just passed out several beeswax candles in the restaurant today...wait until they see your marble candles......they will be thrilled. Auntie D.

Man, just when things start going decent, here comes severe storms and knocked out my freakin' phone line and I think my modem is woo-hoo'd too! Thank the Gods for extra computers, I'm on my best friends laptop!

Top, OH MY GOD HONEY, I'm so sorry you had to fend the aliens off, was SO HOPING the little snots would leave everyone alone but I guess not. I'll dig out my laser repellant suit and grab my radiation instrumentation later, we'll be back to busting those little brats in NO TIME! I've missed you darlin'!!!:yay:

Mama, you've NO IDEA how much it rocks to see you still kicking around here! I can't WAIT to get back into the thick of things, I've missed all of you guys so much that I'm tearing up! It's 9am, it's NEVER too early for a cocktail, who's got the tequila?!?!?

Auntie D, seems a little poetic we come back at the same time, doesn't it? I can't wait to cruise the gallery to see what you've been doing, had planned on doing that this weekend, but them blasted storms screwed me all up. Now that I'm in the mountains and no where near a city with tornado sirens, I've got to watch the weather closer now than before. Leave it to Mother Nature's timing to goof up my return!

Last, but definitely not least, Miss Bunny, you've no idea how peaceful I am now that I'm home! The house I'm living in, I grew up in and to be back in my mountains and woods, to see my lakes and streams and breathe fresh air, I'm actually at peace for the first time in many years. The mountains have been my strength and they are my Muse, so I can't wait to tap into that creative energy that flows around this area and get to kicking butt with candles again! These mountains are alive all on their own with vitality, strength and tranquility, to tap into those resources....

I have a little bit of storm clean-up to take care of today guys, but I promise pics tonight of where I'm thinking on my candle area. I've said it before and I'll never grow tired of saying it, every last one of you guys totally ROCK, you've made this homecoming for a candlemaker the best yet!!

Mama, you've NO IDEA how much it rocks to see you still kicking around here! I can't WAIT to get back into the thick of things, I've missed all of you guys so much that I'm tearing up! It's 9am, it's NEVER too early for a cocktail, who's got the tequila?!?!?

9am?!?!? Well, it is just lime juice...... with a little tequila........ and a drop of two of triple sec!!!!:drool:

I stick my head in from time to time, just to see what's happening, and whether there is anything interesting going on. Haven't had much time to mess around with wax lately, but I feel the urge coming back.....

Looking foward to all your posts - I miss all the old names.....