lotion foaming sugar scrub?

Angeliquebe

I've seen sugar scrubs that were oil based and when the water hit them they foamed up - is that what you mean? I am not sure of a definite recipe, but I know there is baking soda and citric acid in there.

You have to be really careful formulating something like that though, otherwise you could have exploding jars all over the place (and that's no fun!)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering something. If you were to add some lotion base to FBB how would you add it to the ingredients list. I'm guessing I would have to add the whole lotion base ingredients to it as well?? Which would make for a heck of a long ingredients list. I hope this makes sense lol

Thanks!

Mandy

Yes, you would have to add the entire lotion ingredient listing as well. Without knowing the percentage of the FBB ingredients, it would be difficult to put them in the proper order. I wouldn't even know where to add just the oils into the list. :confused:

There are actually some emulsified sugar scrub recipes floating around. I use them all the time and LOVE them. I do add SLSa to mine for a little foaming action but when you add the SLSa it does reduce the "lotion factor" a little.

I personally don't care much for the foaming bath butter. No matter what I do to it, it dries my skin out but others love it.

I agree with Jami I tried making some with the SLSA and cocoa butter. It was great but it set up a little too stiff for me. I'm going to try it again using less ewax if I use the cocoa butter or try it with shea or mango. It feels great though.

The FBB always dries me out as well. :)

Yep, FBB is really super drying IMO. I have really "normal" skin, where most things do not affect me, ya know? But the FBB AND the SLSA dry me out something fierce!

I'd rather use CP soap to "clean" and then use an emulsified sugar scrub to exfoliate and moisturize at the same time. ;)

• 4 weeks later...