Help Naming Business

camoflauge

this is my first post... i need help deciding a name for a business. i want to sell candles, tarts, bath and body products, plus keep an open door for other crafts...

here's a little about me:

my name is Heather, i love anything nature related including wildlife, cabins, hunting, black labs, cats, that type thing.

was wondering what to call a business that could incorporate any of those things? had some ideas, but not sure...

here's the best one: Heather's Cabin Creations but not sure it really says what i want it to...

i saw the other thread of the lady offering all sorts of stuff for helping her name her business. i can't afford to do that, :( as i am just getting started. am starting selling to family and friends while i build my skills in all areas that i want to.

Thanks in advance for any helpful ideas you may throw my way!!;)

You will be amazed at how generous people are with their help, knowledge & opinions (some good, some bad). You don't have to give away anything to get help here.

I take it from the things you like, you will stick with a more rustic look? What state do you live in, city/town? I was thinking Country Cabin Creations and you could do your logo with 3 c's in variations for your products. I have no idea if someone has that name, it just rolled off my tongue at 12:15 a.m. (after an 18 hour day). LOL! I can be more creative when I've had more sleep.

Quick Reply!!

Country Cabin Creations is taken as a website, but adding a my, the, or something like that hasn't been.

i don't want to do terribly rustic candles (meaning the "old" looking kind) but if by "rustic" you mean something that would look good in a wildlife themed room, cabin or lodge type feel, then yes.

I don't want to do much of the "girly" type stuff, want it to be stuff the outdoorsman could enjoy. Like candles with cast iron skillets, etc.

My family's initials are H H C and D. was hoping i could find something cute.

Keep thinking everyone. i know you guys can help-i've been reading a lot of posts here lately.

Thanks. Heather

Sounds like you are saying you will get into other areas besides candles.

I really like the Country Cabin Creations but taken and several suggestions were made that are good.

My suggestion is "Country Cabin Candles and Crafts???"Someone mentioned 3 c's but you would have 4 c's

LynnS

just checked godaddy.com and that website would be available

Country Cabins Candles & Crafts...

sounds kinda cool.

would that be a website/business name you'd be interested in purchasing products from? i do want to appeal to more of the outdoorsman/outdoorswoman as i think there are enough people doing the fancy stuff.

Awesome name idea.

keep them coming so i have some to pick from... plus, what could a person do for a logo... i was thinking a picture of a cabin, some trees, maybe a little creek, some pretty little flowers... but, where would you find a picture like that that isn't copyrighted? guess i'll have to do some looking around for some free photos...

it's amazing-i wouldn't have come up with all these ideas myself. i'm not so good at that. Thanks for all the ideas.

Heather

yeah, i thought about that. something like natural heather, but "heather" is pink and would set more of a girly tone on labels etc. than i want... not opposed to using heather in the name at all... Heather's Country Cabin

Heather's Cozy Country Cabin

the name will come eventually....

Just remember to check with your state/city/municipality on whether the name you choose is available for registration as a business.

I'd hate to see you choose a URL that's available, only to find out that there is already a company with that name registered to do business in your state.

Ok, what do you think of this name?

Heather's Cabin in the Woods

with a picture of a simple cabin and trees for a logo?

i hope everyone likes it. as long as it isn't taken by anyone in the state, that's the name i'm going with....

i appreciate all the help. you inspired me to think in different directions than i was.

This board is awesome. whoever created it-Thank you, Thank You!!!!!

I'm just getting my feet wet but love all the tried and true advice, the recipes, the pictures.... that inspires me. for the first time in a long time i'm excited about doing something-for myself instead of everyone else...

Heather

look at the picture on the top of this page-you can use it as a business logo if you pay her a $20 "copyright fee" i've already bought the package. if i decided to use this as my logo, i'd have to pay her the $20-which would be worth it...

http://www.countryclipart.com/CabinCampFishSet/cabincampingfishing.html

Now, does anyone else think that "Heather's Cabin in the Woods" seems too long? Heather's Cabin doesn't seem to do it for me, sorry :sad2: It's missing something...

off to do some more thinking i guess.

Heather

my husband had another idea... like this one... if it's not taken...

Dakota Candle Works

is available on go daddy, searched my "state" and didn't find anything-but their site isn't like some of the others... :sad2: so have contacted the licensing dept to find out what all i need to do...

Heather

I like that name better. Are you still going to use the pretty picture of the cabin? Heather's Cabin doesn't do it for me either. LOL! I just liked it better than with the "in the woods" part. Lets see...

Heather's Candle Cabin

Heather's Country Cabin

Heather's Candle Works

Heather's Log Cabin

Cabin In The Woods

I stink at this. Naming is NOT my forte. LOL! If the Dakota Candle Works is not taken, go for it. I have found that your business becomes like the name over time.

Thanks "noodle". i hope the name is not taken because i'm really liking it-even if it was my husbands idea and not mine...

am going to keep the graphic because i really like it, and south dakota is a pretty "rustic" state where a lot of people enjoy wildlife, nature, etc.

i stink at names too, i came up with some good ones, but something was always missing...

like my husband said "Dakota Candleworks" would be easier to remember-especially on a website... i second that....

Thanks!! Heather

my husband had another idea... like this one... if it's not taken...

Dakota Candle Works

is available on go daddy, searched my "state" and didn't find anything-but their site isn't like some of the others... :sad2: so have contacted the licensing dept to find out what all i need to do...

Heather

I looked @ this thread earlier and couldn't think of anything, but I *really* like that name! I hope it works out for you! :)

Thanks, i do too. i'm excited about all this stuff. am making candles, gift basket type things, possibly some bath and body stuff, tarts and tart warmers..

i realize i need to do more testing on the candle stuff-am only giving them away as gifts. the candles will basically be wickless-either in tart form or in container form, and the bath/body products for now will just be using a pre-bought base with color and fragrance added. (until i have the time to "play")

Thanks for all your help!!

I couldn't have come up with the ideas i had if it weren't for the people here giving me ideas.

I really love this board and hope to continue utlizing it.

Heather