Looking for tumblers w/ lids

You can send your tumbler to Penn-Wheeling and they will fit it with a lid....here is the site. I looked at the tumblers at yessupply...they are kinda pricey you can get nice tumblers at Riekes for about .75 each.

Penn-Wheeling Closure

Here's something interesting, Yes supply Co. wouldn't send me a sample tumbler, but they did send me a lid. The lids they sent me were made by Penn Wheeling. It was imprinted on the inside. I also got samples from Penn Wheeling but their minimum purchase was really high- can't remember exact #, but too high for me. And the sales guy that emailed me wasn't very helpful when I asked about fitting tumblers. Sounds like you are having a good experience with them. Did they get you a good lid for your tumbler?

Same here....didn't fit any. I do 7 oz and 14 oz, not one of 7 sizes fit mine, and the sizes I do are pretty standard. Plus I think the cost of the lid would be more than the tumblers themselves, as I buy mine in bulk. I've been searching for over a year, but besides the plastic one ( which look very cheap and cheesey IMHO) I haven't found anything. If anyone finds anything of interest, please share!;)

Don't waste your money, that's the company that has poor customer service and the lids don't fit the glass very well.

I ordered from them once for the real big pumpkins. I did not have a problem with them. I received a pumpkin broken and I called and the lady was really nice. She reimbursed right away. However, there could be some that have experienced something different. But, if the lid does not fit right that is not a good thing.

I know for sure that Anchor Hocking sells the tumblers with lids. I have a catalog in Acrobat Reader. I will have to look to see if they are some of the ones that you do not have to order large qauntities of. They will most likely send a sample.

HTH

~Holly

Here's something interesting, Yes supply Co. wouldn't send me a sample tumbler, but they did send me a lid. The lids they sent me were made by Penn Wheeling. It was imprinted on the inside. I also got samples from Penn Wheeling but their minimum purchase was really high- can't remember exact #, but too high for me. And the sales guy that emailed me wasn't very helpful when I asked about fitting tumblers. Sounds like you are having a good experience with them. Did they get you a good lid for your tumbler?

Hi Hillary,

I got samples from Riekes of the 12oz Interlude (jar .75) with the silver lid (lid .65) and the 12oz Shell tumbler (.72) without lid. They were both 3 1/8 diameter but the Interlude lid would not fit the shell tumber. I asked Tom at Riekes if they were getting lids for the tumbler and he said they were sourcing around for them. Interestingly enough the lid for the Interlude jar was from Penn-Whelling. So I then called Richard at Penn-Wheeling and he said to send the jar that he could fit a lid for it. But there was a rather large minimum order with them so that was kinda frustrating as I really want to use the tumblers with the lids. So I'm all for a Tumbler Lid Co-op if anyone is interested.

L2917_b.gif Shell 12oz Candle Tumbler .72

L807SILVERLID_b.gif Interlude 12oz .75 with silver lid .65

That looks nice. I found a lot of online restaurant suppliers carry tumblers that are inexpensive and would work really well, but there's still the issue of the right fit with the lid. When I asked for samples from Penn Wheeling they sent me 6 lids I think, but only in 2 sizes. So that wasn't much help. Another source for the lids would be nice. Just a nice metal cap type lid. Why is that so hard to find?:undecided

That looks nice. I found a lot of online restaurant suppliers carry tumblers that are inexpensive and would work really well, but there's still the issue of the right fit with the lid. When I asked for samples from Penn Wheeling they sent me 6 lids I think, but only in 2 sizes. So that wasn't much help. Another source for the lids would be nice. Just a nice metal cap type lid. Why is that so hard to find?:undecided

Yeah...I know what you mean...It seems like it would be any easy thing to find...but no...not in the wonderful world of candle making...:naughty:

Actually I got a really decent burn with the Interlude 12oz...no hang ups and no schrooms with eco soy advanced...Im just not really sure about the shape..I asked my friends and some liked it and some did not. I'm going to try it again with ecosoy 135 see what happens...I may just go with it if I cannot find the tumblers anywhere.:rolleyes2